Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go see Bruno the ten year old Red Dobie (82 in human years) Today at the shelter and he's in a really bad state, the flys really went to town on him and he's bleeding at his heels he has 2-3 tumors that are supposed to be harmless, his back legs are a little weak looking and looks like he has hip dyslasia but apparently the vet says it's because of lack of exercise,etc.

I hope to have him here in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Dobieju, but he looks like a ten year old JAZZY, if that makes sense.
I plan to take pictures when he gets here, and some more when he improves, he seems so well mannered and good spirited, he let me touch him all over with no signs of nerves at all. They wouldn't let me take him straight away due to red tape but I should get him in the next couple of days.

Know I've seen him it really upsets me to think he has to stay there another day!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, he's not here yet, the shelter doesn't seem to be bothered with letting him go!

I'm really annoyed at them because I really wanted to get him out and start getting him better!!!

I think the problem is that the person that contacted me initially was a volunteer and the shelter hasn't got a clue what's going on but now they know they are just letting the days go by before they let him come, they keep saying they'll call me back but they never do, I'm getting sick of calling them!:sadcry:

Mean while we need to know what's going on so we can make arrangements and get what he needs before he gets here!

Oh!!!... I'm so frustrated!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!!!

I was supposed to be getting him by today but no one has called:sadcry:

anyway.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well Bruno never came....but 4 kittens did!!!!!!!!

My wife found them on the side of the road in a card board box!
We've had some pretty bad rain here in Texas so needless to say they are here!

Well I guess I won't be sleeping for a while!:emo8:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So I guess I'm not going to sleep tonight!

I've been up most of the night wiping butt and bottle feeding, it's such a humbling feeling to hold life in your hands!

Luke is doing great with the new additions, it's almost as if he knows they are being helped!!!

I'm so proud of my wife for saving them....:dancing_b

It's funny because one of our cats died last week at ten years old and our son was so upset.

Here's a pic...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sad to say that the runt kitten didn't make it this morning...he was doubtful from the start but we were hopeful that he would pull through, he seemed real weak all night last night and didn't want to eat at all, I kinda figured he would be having his last moments with us but I didn't want to tell anyone and speak it into existance.

I was gonna pull him out and separate him from the rest but when I took the rest away from him he started to cry out so I put them back with him because they were all he knew and I didn't want his last memories to be stressful.

Even though we knew one may not make it this will come as bad news to the wife and older boy my daughter is too young to realise. As for me I've been crying for a good hour and he only came Sunday.

I can't help thinking that the people that dumped the are just getting on with their life as if nothing had ever happened but that is probably unfair of me.

His last days were that of comfort and love from the whole family and at least he had that.

It just goes to we bear a great responcibiltiy for the lives we hold in our hands.

On a person level I guess this is my way of having a ceremony for the little guy that nobody ever knew existed except you and me.

Good bye little one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.