Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go see Bruno the ten year old Red Dobie (82 in human years) Today at the shelter and he's in a really bad state, the flys really went to town on him and he's bleeding at his heels he has 2-3 tumors that are supposed to be harmless, his back legs are a little weak looking and looks like he has hip dyslasia but apparently the vet says it's because of lack of exercise,etc.

I hope to have him here in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Dobieju, but he looks like a ten year old JAZZY, if that makes sense.
I plan to take pictures when he gets here, and some more when he improves, he seems so well mannered and good spirited, he let me touch him all over with no signs of nerves at all. They wouldn't let me take him straight away due to red tape but I should get him in the next couple of days.

Know I've seen him it really upsets me to think he has to stay there another day!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kinteet said:
Know I've seen him it really upsets me to think he has to stay there another day!
awwww just think how much love you can give him when he come home with you :emo12:

I can't wait to see his (10 year old Jazzy) photo's :boldblue:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I can't wait to see pictures too. Its so great your taking him in. I wouldnt be able to deal with getting attached to a dog and then having to let go eventually :( Your a good person. Let him live out his years with a happy home!:)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Good Luck to both of you. That is very kind of you to take him in and love him. I am sure he will show you the same love in return. May good karma be sent your way... :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Yes good luck to you,make whatever he has left of life, full of love

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, he's not here yet, the shelter doesn't seem to be bothered with letting him go!

I'm really annoyed at them because I really wanted to get him out and start getting him better!!!

I think the problem is that the person that contacted me initially was a volunteer and the shelter hasn't got a clue what's going on but now they know they are just letting the days go by before they let him come, they keep saying they'll call me back but they never do, I'm getting sick of calling them!:sadcry:

Mean while we need to know what's going on so we can make arrangements and get what he needs before he gets here!

Oh!!!... I'm so frustrated!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!!!

I was supposed to be getting him by today but no one has called:sadcry:

anyway.....

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Good things comes to those that wait.....but I know you want him now....hang in there.....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hang tough Kinteet. you are a good person and this old boy deserves someone like you to love him for the few days he has left. I just don't understand the shelter, when they have someone who will take such an old dog. espeicially if the flys are getting at him. being in those pens aren't good for any one let alone an old dobe. I will say a prayer that you get to bring him home soone and are able to give him the life he deserves.

It seems to me that sometimes when Apollo looks at me he 'just knows'. He just knows that what ever he lived with before is gone and done and that we are going to take care of everything he needs (and then some;) ).

Please post pictures when you get the old boy. I wish I was closer so I could help. again thank you for what you do, Kinteet.

cc

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry guys!

The shelter never did call back!

I did all I could do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts