Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He did really well at the vet's today. A little nervous with all the different smells. But he did great! He weighs 54lbs and just turned 6 months yesterday :) The vet said he looks great, healthy and is adorable (Aww lol).

I was so proud of him!! I asked about his eyes and she said it could be a few things. But since he was so nervous in there with just meeting her and what that. That she'll wait to do a skin scrape till next time. She figures it might be mites? I'll have to look that up, or if anyone in here knows any info. It would be greatly apperciated. She gave me something like advantage that is suppose to help get rid of them. If it doesn't start to clear up in two weeks. I go back for the skin scrape. But other then that he's a healthy little bug.

:3dbiggrin​

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
may be allergies too...coco lost hair around his eyes...and in his groined area...and on his feet and inside of his legs...and neither of the vets we went to even suggested doing a skin scrape...or that it might be mange..(mites) and they said it was just allergies...sure enough it showed up once the weather got nicer...and went away once it got colder in the fall/winter...were hoping it doesnt come back...start reading up on holistic treatments for mange...and allergies...and then look up the traditional treatment for mange and allergies... that way whatever it is your ready to make a decision on which treatment you would rather try.

Im glad Bruno was so brave!!! :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Yes, I forgot to mention. She said in 2 weeks if it's not cleared with the revoloution stuff (treats fleas, mites, and lice). And the scrape comes back with nothing. It prolly is just a case of allergies. So we're gonna wait and see. I'd like to treat it just in case it is the mites. Because I feel so bad for him when he gets itchy.

I just got in and bought him a HUGE rope. That will take at least 1.5-2 weeks to destroy haha ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep it's just a little bit of hair loss around his eyes. Nothing like REALLY noticable. But I can see it, because I'm looking for it lol.

LOL @ Dutchess. She's beautiful, I'm sure he'd dig her being older ;)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If it is just allergy related itchy skin - Organic Apple Cider Vingar (ACV) is awesome! Chi - and every other dog on this island - reacts to the coral dust and occassionally gets bumpy, itchy skin - but I've noticed that since I've been religiously giving her a tablespoon of ACV in her breakfast, her reactions aren't nearly as bad. It won't hurt him if it's not allergies (it's supposed to be good for joints too but I'm not sure why) so it's worth a try :)
Make sure to keep us updated on his progress :) And of course he's adorable, he's a Dobie :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I hope all is well, a trip to the vet can be so stressful. I get my dogs ready for the vet but taking them (while the are young) in to the vet just to say "HI" and get a treat! so now Years later they love to go to the vet! Well good luck and keep up in formed as to the mites! Yuck!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tracy, I will try that. Doesn't hurt to try. I might wait two weeks tho. Just to see if it is the mites (the stuff she gave me should get rid of it in 2 weeks). If not gone by then I will try the ACV. Doesn't hurt to try it :) And if it makes him feel better I'll do it!!

I would like to take him in once in a while also to get him use to the place. He didn't care about the cats walking around (he was also raised with Oscar up until a month or so ago when Oscar passed...so he knows what they are and is, I guess still use to them), or the dogs. But he was whinning when he was sniffing. I'm pretty sure he could smell a female LOL

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
ACV is good for the joints and dogs with arthritis because it apparently breaks down calicum deposits and adds minerals to bones. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts