Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to call the vets office this morning. I just hate to see Bruno is so much discomfort. We were able to get in for 11am. He did SO much better this time :) Such a proud Dober-Mommy. He's a nervous dog, but not enough to really cause concern (IMO). But this time around he walked right in. No problems. Even let the vet pet him no problems. It took a good half an hour last time before she was able to get very close to him. A new place I guess. But like I said this time was awesome. He went right back with her alone on his leash to get his scraping done and he did excellent :D Awww so proud of him. Of course he got a treat ;)

So anyway, I waited for about 30 mins before the results came back. They didn't say they saw any mites. But also said that when it's like this it all depends where they scrape and if the mites are in that area. But she said it deffinently looks like a kind of mite is there. So she gave me something I'm suppose to inject into his mouth. Very back of his throat so he gets it all. He's to be on it for 2 months and goes back for a Vet check at the end of April (1 month time). So hopefully it will clear up. My poor guy. He also had an accident on the floor in there :eek: It was a #2 also. A big one!! Poor guy lol. It was my fault tho. He had asked to go out. So I brought him out, he peed but I was in a rush to go back in so they could tell me what had to be done. That I guess he didn't get to finish :( But it was okay. I cleaned it all up...was icky cuz that's my husband's job hehehe.

But yes over all he's doing great other wise. He's gained 3lbs since his visit 2 weeks ago!!! My big growing boy. So no worries there. He's now 57.6 lbs :D

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Glad he did so well! WTG Bruno! I've seen that happen before to with skin scrapings, where all signs point to mites, but non came up in the scraping. We look forward to the boy feeling better!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's basically what she said. They sometimes don't get anything from the scrapings. But still want to treat it as mites because he's showing obvious signs. Plus it's a step closer to helping him. Which is what we want right now :) Hopefully in a month he wil be better. Poor thing. I feel so bad for him....but he's still a happy go lucky Dobe. So that's good.

I was very proud of him for being so great in there. I had my 4yr old son with me. Which was awesome. Because the vet and ppl in the office got to see that Bruno is great with him (kids). Isaac (Son) was telling Bruno to sit, go down and feeding him a treat. He was also sititng beside Bruno and leaning on him ;) So it was great!!

But yes, I'll keep everyone posted on his progress. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts