Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I have a question and hopefully you guys can help me out so I can stop kinda/sorta freaking out. My 13 week old female dobie was playing on my yard and got her mouth/head/nose stuck between the fences. The wholes are pretty small but big enough for her to try to chew the metal dividers off but anyways she got her mouth stuck there. She whined/cried pretty loud so I helped her out but unfortunately she broke a molar in half or something(it could be a premolar) not quite sure. Either way, her tooth looks like it has some blood on it but she's not really bleeding bad or anything its pretty much like dry blood or something. She's acting fine and she's never cried or whined after I helped her out. She's chewing and eating fine as well and being her usual stubborn crazy self. Should I take her to the vet or will that tooth come out anyways. She's only 13 weeks so I'm pretty sure its a baby tooth anyways so the real one should be right behind and come out, right?? Please let me know if she should be ok, or if I should take her to the vet. Again, if you see her, its like nothing happened...right now she's beating up my other dog who's 4 months older lol.... ok...I appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
438 Posts
Personally if it were me I would make a vet appointment if it is the actual tooth and not the gums. Weird bacteria can get in there and it may not get pushed out normally even though it is likely a baby tooth. I'm a huge worrier though :)

·
Super Moderator
22,318 Posts
Vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts