Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Brittney Spears gifted Dobe puppy for protection

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  falnfenix 
#1 ·
#11 ·
I mean given Ms Spears' wealth I am sure the dog will be professionally trained as with most celebrity dogs. One of the Jenner girls has a doberman from Ringsport Dobermans in California - the breeder is also a french ring decoy, trainer and competitor and sells his pups with a guarantee of a year of training and level up to a brevet (and not in a board and train context though he takes B&T clients too).

#12 ·
Ok, I’m just gonna mini rant about this. I hate how people go out and buy a dog just because “such and such” famous person has it! Or, oh I watched the movie Max let me go out and buy a Belgian Malinois! Aw crap this dog is psycho let me unload it on Craigslist. Or even just the people who get a cute puppy, don’t even bother to do an internet search on them, and bring an ACD home when they NEVER walk the dog. And now ooops it has aggression problems and is going after our neighbors in their own yard because we didn’t bother to train it! And when someone says “oh you got an Australian cattle dog” they say “no it’s a red heeler” “that’s the same thing just a color name. There is also Blue Heeler.” “…….but it’s a red heeler not an ACD.”
IMO if you are going to buy a dog (I say buy bc even rescues you pay several hundred dollars) you should have a dog breed/mix in mind that will be the right fit for your family and not get one just because of a famous person or a movie. Film should not have to be careful what dog breeds they put in simply because of the people who go out and buy a dog after seeing that movie. Anyways, mini rant over 😅

#17 ·
I didn't see any alternative comments from the AKC, UKC or DPCA in that article, just anti-cropping and docking viewpoints?

Unfortunately, most media outlets don't practice journalism anymore, just push their preferred agendas...:(

#18 ·
I find it amazing that this is pretty much the only place I see cropped dobies online anymore. In person all dobies I’ve seen are cropped, but Reddit and all that it’s mostly flop. I really hope they never make it illegal to crop like they did in the UK 🙁 bc in my opinion they should make spay and neuter illegal too then, since it’s just as invasive and “traumatizing” 🙄. About the same recovery time and both use anesthesia. How are they that different? If they breed dogs that can’t breathe for looks, how is ear cropping anywhere near as cruel.

#19 ·
"From the link on TMZ...The white dress would be good for the start of the day walks and the salmon dress would work for late afternoon games of fetch and would be perfect for a few rounds of tug of war in the yard.... "

I think all this puppy will be doing with her is twirling in front of a camera. I am so sick of seeing that twit twirling in front of a camera.

#20 ·
Most of THAT has been due to her father forcing her to perform and Do Things.

She's said that once her conservatorship ends, she plans to stop performing. I suspect she'll vanish from public eye for a while. She wanted it ages ago (remember the head shaving incident? It's because she was sick of people touching her head every time she wanted to go outside the house).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.