Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are pleased to be bringing home our very first male doberman puppy at the end of May from Carol Petruzzo in Brooksville, FL. We currently have a 2 year old female Weimaraner/Lab mix and was wondering what the best way to get them acclimated with each other and introduce the new puppy into our home. We already have 2 crates for each dog. Thanks everyone!:):thanx:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Congrats! New puppies are a lot of fun and a lot of work. I always do introductions slow. I don't have everyone out and free for the first week or so. If your female is usually pretty nice, I would say introductions with the pup on a leash so that she can get away from him if she wants. Lots of supervision in warrented. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I always have just let them be together with myself overseeing to make sure all is alright. Workings suggestion is an excellent one, too. You could also try putting the pup in its crate and letting your older dog smell and greet thru the crate at first. How you introduce them really depends on your older dogs personality. Best wishes and congratulations! Is this your first doberman? If it is, strap your seat belt on as you are in for the ride of your life! :laughing:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Linda! Our current dog's personality is very easy going, she gets along great with all other dogs, and has a very relaxed temperament. She's obviously used to being the only dog so we want to make sure she accepts the new addition. And yes, this is our first doberman, we are so excited and anxious for the time to come for us to go get him. :thanx:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts