Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this happens all the time to everyone else....but it's annoying! I will be in Petco or the park with Chloe and somebody will approach us and want to breed her with their male. (Chloe was spayed a year ago) I have had people just walk off and not say another word when I mentioned she is spayed. I think it's kind of rude because some people act like I have done something wrong. I wanted a pretty pet and she is....she is from Arras X Quinna Von Moeller hof. I think she is beautiful but she is my little girl. I just don't like people looking at her like she is a head of cattle and thinking what they can get out of her. And then when they can't make any money off of her....they are just rude!

·
Premium Member
10,268 Posts
A lot of people are idiots--they often can't even tell that the male dog they are trying to solicit to breed to their bitch has been neutered.

Try just saying that you don't have the breeding rights on your girl--that usually makes them go away shaking their heads because they don't get it.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Extremely rude!! :rolleyesww: I would say something along the lines of 'I had her spayed as I am a responsible pet owner and its people like you who are filling rescues and shelters full of dogs.' (as long as my other half was by my side!)

If some creep seems too intrested in Rupert, I tell them that he has some horrible illness that means he needs daily medication.

·
Got mutt?
13,842 Posts
I get asked alot if Ilka and Lucky are going to have puppies, A mutt and a Rattie with a bad hip, are you kidding? A lot of times I tell them "If she has puppies by him I'm sueing two different veterinarians"". When they go "Huh?", I tell them that I paid good money to have them both "fixed", and they had darn well better BE "fixed".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts