Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking for a breeder in Arizona or a breeder near az or one that can transport. Specifically looking for a male puppy as I currently have a female.
I’m looking for a dog for a companion family dog. Mostly will be doing obedience at home. Also would like to have a dog that is a good deterrent as my neighborhood is not the most safe but it isn’t bad either just sometimes feel unsafe especially on walks or alerts me if someone is at the door or around the house. Obviously serious training and socializing so there isn’t an accidental bite. My current dog is way overly friendly. She does alert me but not aloof to strangers at all. So I think a Doberman would be a perfect fit to what I’m looking for and perfect for my active lifestyle. Probably won’t be getting a puppy right away as my current dog who is a shepherd mix is still in her puppy age. So once she matures (2 years from now) I’ll be ready. Just starting to do some research on breeders for now. Health is the most important to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I would check on Vicaral Dobermans, down by Tuscan. Her name is Victoria, and the last name escapes me right now. Very nice, helpful person.

Reactions: 4x4bike ped

·
Big Lil pup
6,309 Posts
Hi Kendra. Welcome from the Pacific NW.
You are approaching this in a good way. It is really smart give plenty of time to research and reach out to reputable breeders. Then of course there is the "waiting period". Right now quality Doberman pups seem to be in great demand.

Since you have a couple of years to come home with a pup, you might consider expanding your search to western breeders out of your immediate area. For example... The breeder of our last three boys and of our soon to be fourth, lives in Southern Oregon. Her dogs are spread all over the US. In fact a member here brought one of her puppies back to New Jersey this past fall.

Just a thought.

John Lichtwardt

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
I would check on Vicaral Dobermans, down by Tuscan. Her name is Victoria, and the last name escapes me right now. Very nice, helpful person.
Victoria Hall, Cressrb--I agree, very nice person and very helpful on a couple of occasions in the past when I had occasion to seek some help from her.

dobebug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kendra. Welcome from the Pacific NW.
You are approaching this in a good way. It is really smart give plenty of time to research and reach out to reputable breeders. Then of course there is the "waiting period". Right now quality Doberman pups seem to be in great demand.

Since you have a couple of years to come home with a pup, you might consider expanding your search to western breeders out of your immediate area. For example... The breeder of our last three boys and of our soon to be fourth, lives in Southern Oregon. Her dogs are spread all over the US. In fact a member here brought one of her puppies back to New Jersey this past fall.

Just a thought.

John Lichtwardt
Hi I would be interested to know who your breeder is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts