Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so I hope I am posting to the right place. I have been researching for many, many hours and hours and I am really struggling to find a breeder.

I am located in Atlanta, GA. Can anyone help me out, or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum, so I hope I am posting to the right place. I have been researching for many, many hours and hours and I am really struggling to find a breeder.

I am located in Atlanta, GA. Can anyone help me out, or have any suggestions?
Debra Green - Pantheon Dobermans 828-883-5574
:rolleyesww:

·
Got mutt?
13,726 Posts
Debra Green - Pantheon Dobermans 828-883-5574
:rolleyesww:
I'm not familiar with them, and their website is beyond skimpy. I've found a few dogs on Dobequest with her listed as either the owner or breeder, but they are all at least a couple of years old, and don't have a whole lot of health testing shown. (Some of the pedigrees are nothing to write home about, either.) If you do talk to this breeder, make sure you can verify the dog's titles and health testing results.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey! I'm just north of you in Cartersville! I too spent months and months looking, I knew what I didn't want, and mostly what I did want<G> One funny ad I replied to offered one red pup left out of a litter, at a particular price. When contacted the breeder didn't have that girl, but had another litter coming. I explained what I was looking for, and what my plans were, and oh yes, she'd be happy to put me on her waiting list, but the pup would be double what the advertised pup was! When I asked about the jump, I never heard another word<G> So the moral to that story is, be very very very careful. I'm sure most of the suggestions you get from folks here will be OK, but do your homework regardless, and make sure it's a pup to fit your goals, not just any pup available! I ended up with a breeder far away from Atlanta! And I couldn't be happier with my decision.

·
Super Moderator
15,411 Posts
Hi all, I am also looking for a well bred dog that comes from good tested kennels. Gulf Coast area, MS
I recommend creating a separate thread as you will get answers more tailored to your search. If you need help making a new thread please let us know

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi all, I am also looking for a well bred dog that comes from good tested kennels. Gulf Coast area, MS
Welcome! I'll repeat what I said to the OP, be very very very careful who you buy from. I found a lot of sheisters out there asking ridiculous sums of money for pups. Lots of pups available, just make sure it's the right puppy, from teh right breeder, for your purposes. Not just the closest, or easiest to buy from, or the one with the good sales pitch(and some are VERY good!)

·
Big Lil pup
6,226 Posts
I recommend creating a separate thread as you will get answers more tailored to your search. If you need help making a new thread please let us know
Here is a post from this OP on a different thread. Seems kind of "odd" almost like an "ad" given that they are not "ready"for a dog and still post on a separate thread asking about pups:

"Very sorry for your loss.
I sent you a pm. I have been shopping around for a Doberman myself and found a breeder who I think has what you want.

I wish I could get this pup but am not ready until December. Good luck."

Weird...

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
very weird. usually those only happen via PM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not odd

Here is a post from this OP on a different thread. Seems kind of "odd" almost like an "ad" given that they are not "ready"for a dog and still post on a separate thread asking about pups:

"Very sorry for your loss.
I sent you a pm. I have been shopping around for a Doberman myself and found a breeder who I think has what you want.
I wish I could get this pup but am not ready until December. Good luck."
Weird...
Hi 4x4,

Let me address your concern further.
I've just started looking. I want to find a good reputable breeder in the south here. I want a high drive black male, show quality not really necessary, because my preference is not to get back into the show circuit other than to go into obedience as that is more my interest.

The dog in question is absolutely perfect. Reputable breeder, who is working on longevity, and does not breed to sell, she breeds to enhance. He is 4 months old, everything has been tested, ears done, show quality and the breeder would like him to be finished. And the price for him is more than I can afford right now. The commitment is more than I can afford now.

My plan was to have a dog in December. I figured by the time I found a breeder, checked references, and see if there was even an available puppy, it would be closer to when my budget can afford to buy one.
I am heartbroken but plan to wait for another of her breedings, (and save more money) :)

This puppy is ready now... Mr. Gianni's post sounded like the right fit.
And there you have it.... the rest of the story :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts