Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Doberman Puppy. I would like to purchase from a breeder that Breeds to Show. I purchased my last 2 from the same kind of breeder. My dogs obviously were not ones she wanted to show. But, they were perfect. I have had two Female Dobermans in the past. The last one lived until 2018. She was 12 years old. I am looking for a Female preferably red. I am not interested in showing I am just looking for a pet quality from a good breeder. I have searched the DCPA but Many are no longer in business or look like puppy mills. That is the reason I am asking for help here. I will travel to pick a dog up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just starting to research and the breeder I had used has passed away. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Hi Pam,

Where are you? Geographically--if you have checked on the DPCA website--an occational breeder listed may no longer be breeding but they can often refer you to another breeder. The DPCA has some fairly rigid rules about who can be listed on the DPCA breeder site I don't think you'd find any out and out puppy mills.

Have you tried contacting a chapter club (they are listed on the DPCA site too) in your area--the club secretary can generally give you the name of the club member who deals with information--they can usually help you find a decent breeder.

Good luck and if you'd let us know here what general area you are in I'm sure some one can suggest a good show breeder.

dobebug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts