Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'm digging deeper into my quest to own my first Doberman, DT has provided me with a lot of information via reading, searching and surfing. Now I ask you for your help in recommendations for a good breeder in the Mid-Atlantic.

Here are my current thoughts:
- What I do know is I don't want a working dog, after meeting Hans as much as I fell in love with him I'm not sure I want to work my first dog.
- I'm not wanting a puppy until AFTER November because I have a wedding coming up and a honeymoon to follow and I don't think it would be fair to the puppy.
- I am looking to introduce my hound into dock dogs this spring/summer so that may be something I will do with my doberman as well.
- Since I have a female hound, my parents have females I am really wanting a male.

I live in Southeastern VA and I am wanting to drive to go get the pup, day trip or weekend trip distance is ideal. So I'm thinking VA, MD, PA, NY, DE, NC, SC, maybe GA, KY, TN... yeah, will travel lol.

Recommendations?

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Here are some breeders who may have the kind of Doberman you're looking for:

Arkansas:
Promise/Olympia
Tropix

Georgia:
Kaliber
Mikadobe
Pamelot
Scottsbrae

Kentucky:
Masaya
Swiftrun

New Jersey:
Eastwick
Katawba
Niklby

New York:
Cara
Rain Dance
Rauschund

North Carolina:
ADAMAS
Gold Grove
Scudamore
Talladega

South Carolina:
Phillmar

Tennesse:
Perfex

Contact info for these breeders (except ADAMAS) is found at: DPCA - Breeder Referral

Best wishes for a successful DoberSearch! :wavey:

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Darkevs - Normally I would be all over getting a rescue and I'll still search that route as I'm sure there are a few puppies out there.

@KenyaARaineCD - Thanks for the list, that helps a bunch!

@DobeGirl07 - So tempting but that would be too soon for me, as my parents will be watching Chloe, my hound, while I am on my honeymoon I promised them I would wait to get my next dog after my honeymoon so they don't have to juggle 4 dogs. Thanks for the info though!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Georgia:
Kaliber
Mikadobe
Pamelot
Scottsbrae

Flirt is from ADAMAS in GA and she enjoys swimming (altho isn't great at it all the time). I really enjoy the kind of dogs she breeds. Performance and Conformation with health and temperament at the top too.

ETA ah, just saw ADAMAS in NC. As far as I know they are still in GA :)

Reactions: AleuHound

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Here are some breeders who may have the kind of Doberman you're looking for:

Arkansas:
Promise/Olympia
Tropix

Georgia:
Kaliber
Mikadobe
Pamelot
Scottsbrae

Kentucky:
Masaya
Swiftrun

New Jersey:
Eastwick
Katawba
Niklby

New York:
Cara
Rain Dance
Rauschund

North Carolina:
ADAMAS
Gold Grove
Scudamore
Talladega

South Carolina:
Phillmar

Tennesse:
Perfex

Contact info for these breeders (except ADAMAS) is found at: DPCA - Breeder Referral

Best wishes for a successful DoberSearch! :wavey:
Just a note, some of those are breeders of working lines, which I think the OP said they don't think they are interested in.

I, personally, covet an ADAMAS dog someday. This is a really great list, KenyaARaineCD.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Just a note, some of those are breeders of working lines, which I think the OP said they don't think they are interested in.

I, personally, covet an ADAMAS dog someday. This is a really great list, KenyaARaineCD.
Good point! I know swift run and masaya for sure are working dogs, not totally sure on the others.

(Swift runs alexander von jager haus is in my girls ped. :))

Reactions: AleuHound
1 - 8 of 8 Posts