Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are looking for a reputable breeder, preferably in Washington State (but we are open to the whole West Coast). It would be great if the breeder had a puppy that's available right now (early summer 2017). If you'd like, you can send me a private msg. Thank you everyone.

·
Got mutt?
13,654 Posts
Welcome to DT.

Personally, I'd be probably be looking at Foxfire, but there are lots of other good breeders on the west coast. Have you checked the DPCA breeders list? DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

The catch is having a pup available "right now". Since most good breeders have a waiting list, the odds of them having an available puppy, even if they have a litter on the ground, can be pretty slim.Your best bet might be to find a breeder you like, and get put on their waiting list.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
I have always loved ..... Home of Wingate Dobermans

Not sure if they have any available pups right now but it would be worth contacting them.

Even if they have no pups right now I am sure they could help you find a breeder who does in that area.

Good luck with your search and welcome to DT. :)

·
Big Lil pup
6,164 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome! I live in Washington state and was looking at a couple breeders, including Starlaine, Ravensown, Foxfire, and Eclipse. I ended up getting a dog from Ka-tet in BC and I am very happy with her.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
You didn't say what you were thinking of doing with your puppy--sometimes that makes a difference who I recommend but Greenkouki is right when she says you are in a hotbed of good/reputable/reliable breeders in Washington and Oregn.

Check out the breeder listings on the DPCA. org website. I would consider a puppy from any of these breeders if I were looking.

Washington

Electron
Emerald
Sherluck
Starlaine
Ravensown (not on the website breeders list but this is Kim [email protected] I've owned one of her dogs and would happily own another)
Wingate (jody Huston in Chehalis is also not listed on the website as a breeder--wingatedobermans.com but was listed for years and years)

Oregon

Foxfire
Heartwood
Rogue River Dobermans

All of these are basically showline breeder and most of them don't breed a lot and have longish waiting lists. Personally I always start out looking for a conformation prospect but I also go on and after the conformation ring my dogs do other things. I've never had a conformation dog who couldn't do it all if I had the time and inclination to do the training.

If you want specifics about any of these breeders you can contact me personally at [email protected] I've known all of them for years and actually owned dogs bred by some of the and would again if they had what I was looking for .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts