Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had business relations with VomAmaris K9 doberman breeder in MO.

I am looking for a good working line Doberman breeder in the Chicago to Indiana even Indianapolis area or Louisville.

I want to use my dog for search and rescue work. Thanks

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I wouldn't walk, but run the other way. This is a puppy mill kennel name that used to be in California years ago, but then a few years back popped up in Missouri. I think the current owner may have purchased the name from the people in CA, but I do not know. I just just know that you can certainly do a lot better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't walk, but run the other way. This is a puppy mill kennel name that used to be in California years ago, but then a few years back popped up in Missouri. I think the current owner may have purchased the name from the people in CA, but I do not know. I just just know that you can certainly do a lot better.
I bought my first two dobes ever from Amaris when she was in California. They were from different litters being 2 years apart. My oldest at 4 y/o was dx with CAH that almost killed him. Found a good vet and got him on the right meds. I discovered she "sold" her kennel to "someone else" in MO, new name Midwest Amaris. At age 7 my dobe was dx with DCM, which killed him at 9. Now my second dobe from Amaris is sick now with DCM. He had elevated liver values for several months before being dx with DCM and thought he was going to have CAH. So far the liver values are ok, but still on the high side. The VomAmaris website has a photo of a woman...I knew that person as Brandy Canfield not Barbara. When my dobe first got sick with CAH we called other dobe breeders in CA to try to get guidance for helping our boy, we were told she was breeding albinos under another name. I LOVE my dogs, but I would NEVER get a dog from her again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts