Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone had much experience with Black Jack dobermans? I believe they use BJF in their AKC names.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Their website is way outdated unless there is another site the one I found was last updated in 99
A friend of mine showed a dog bred by them a couple of years ago ( owned by someone here on the East Coast). I think he is an Eddy son and besides being a CH also competes in OB.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone had much experience with Black Jack dobermans? I believe they use BJF in their AKC names.

They're pretty well thought of..their dogs compete in all venues successfully, and I know they're pretty committed to health testing. I don't think they do a lot of breeding, but I'd consider them a good choice for a puppy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your input. I am considering getting a puppy from them early this fall, and was just seeing what some others' general opinion was. I am hoping to show in conformation, and obedience, and train in search and rescue, and in coming across this breeder, was hoping that they would fit my bill since they are relatively close to where I am located. The sire of the litter will be Ch. Cambria's Highly Regarded. In pictures I have seen of him, I can't really tell if he is fine or heavy boned. Has anyone seen him in person prior to his passing who sould clarify this for me?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
They're pretty well thought of..their dogs compete in all venues successfully, and I know they're pretty committed to health testing. I don't think they do a lot of breeding, but I'd consider them a good choice for a puppy.
What she said :) I know someone with a BJF from the Stades and she loves her :)

·
Premium Member
10,168 Posts
Thank you for your input. I am considering getting a puppy from them early this fall, and was just seeing what some others' general opinion was. I am hoping to show in conformation, and obedience, and train in search and rescue, and in coming across this breeder, was hoping that they would fit my bill since they are relatively close to where I am located. The sire of the litter will be Ch. Cambria's Highly Regarded. In pictures I have seen of him, I can't really tell if he is fine or heavy boned. Has anyone seen him in person prior to his passing who sould clarify this for me?
Hi JenniePoo,

I'm pretty familiar with Ch Cambria's Highly Regarded. I met him when Michelle Santana had him as a special in the lower 48 (his owner lived in Alaska). I did a fair amount of traveling with Michelle at the time so I saw a lot of Rayden. He was not a big dog and his bone was very adequet for his size. I wouldn't say he was extraordinarily heavy boned but he was not fine boned either. He was highly intellegent and a generally all around decent, honest dog. I thought enough of him to get one of his sons because I thought that given anything of his sires attitude and intellegence he might be a hot agility prospect. We started him in conformation because that's always been my first love.

I've been more than satisfied with this Rayden son of mine. He finished his AKC championship pretty easily and at a little over three had passed the WAE and gotten to an RA in Rally so he's also a ROM dog. He is everything I hoped he'd be in agility--too smart for his own good but learning to play in that arena as a team with his handler he's fast and fearless and a lot of fun to watch and a lot of fun to run (according to my partner who runs him).

I think Julie has bred some nice dogs over the years and it'll be interesting to see what she gets from this breeding to Rayden's semen. With very few exceptions Rayden's offspring were pretty nice and a good many of them have been showing now in performance venues as well so it would seem they can work as well as look good. Which is how it should be.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I wouldn't say he was extraordinarily heavy boned but he was not fine boned either. .
I was waiting for Dobebug to weigh in on this one, because while I saw Rayden a few times, she saw him a whole lot more than I did...but the comment above is exactly what I'd say about him as well. I thought his bone and substance was appropriate for a dog his size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts