Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this breeder?
European working lines. Imported. Seems to check the boxes for me. Health tested, impressive pedigrees.
Haven't read any first hand accounts about them on this site though.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,888 Posts
They look more like European show lines based on the kennel names. What health testing has been done? Have you seen proof of it? Only one of the dogs on their website, Semper Fidelis I'm Your Dream, is in the OFA database, and she only has results for vWD and the original DCM marker. Breeding dogs should have annual cardiac testing, including holter monitoring and ultrasounds.

And yes, I do realize that bitches will get saggy after whelping and nursing a litter, and most never really get their "girlish figure" back, but good grief, the pictures of Pride of Russia Paris....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look more like European show lines based on the kennel names. What health testing has been done? Have you seen proof of it? Only one of the dogs on their website, Semper Fidelis I'm Your Dream, is in the OFA database, and she only has results for vWD and the original DCM marker. Breeding dogs should have annual cardiac testing, including holter monitoring and ultrasounds.

And yes, I do realize that bitches will get saggy after whelping and nursing a litter, and most never really get their "girlish figure" back, but good grief, the pictures of Pride of Russia Paris....
Yes proof was provided and dcm, vwd, dm, dings, oca for venom. all negative not a carrier either.
dam, goldie, negative for dcm and carrier for vwd.

I thought maybe paris was pregnant in the photo! Not a plethora of euro dobes in CA to choose from but nothing rubbed me the wrong way with them. the dam and sire of venom PRIDE OF RUSSIA CHONGAR X MAO MAO JAHRESTAL are both 2017 europe interchampion winners.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
about about echos and holters? not doing them is ignoring two core tests for this breed.

·
Super Moderator
23,352 Posts
You really want both an annual echocardiogram (by a board certified cardiologist) and an annual 24 hour holter monitor done. I would want to see both of those on the breeding dogs.

·
Big Lil pup
8,434 Posts
Hi dobieduh. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

If you find that you would like some assistance posting you pup's ears, come back on and ask. There is a lot of good info and support to be found here.

Actually, come back on regardless... With photos! (And a name, when you decide on one. LOL)

John L.
Portland OR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi dobieduh. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

If you find that you would like some assistance posting you pup's ears, come back on and ask. There is a lot of good info and support to be found here.

Actually, come back on regardless... With photos! (And a name, when you decide on one. LOL)

John L.
Portland OR
Yes will do! I am sure i will be using many resources that this site offers.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
So you went with that breeder, then? Having proof of the sire and dam test results let alone the results of their antecedents is what you want from a reputable breeder.

If you are getting a dog from these people, be sure you get insurance and start saving your pennies. Odds may be against you with their lack of testing and/or lack of proof of the echo and holter results so you’ll want to do right by your pup and get annual tests of both once he/she turns 2.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was given the genetic results of the parents and you can view results of antecedents online. I was happy with the situation and proceeded. They told me they do annual ultrasounds.
So you went with that breeder, then? Having proof of the sire and dam test results let alone the results of their antecedents is what you want from a reputable breeder.

If you are getting a dog from these people, be sure you get insurance and start saving your pennies. Odds may be against you with their lack of testing and/or lack of proof of the echo and holter results so you’ll want to do right by your pup and get annual tests of both once he/she turns 2.

Good luck
I was given the genetic results of the parents and you can view results of antecedents online. I was happy with the situation and proceeded. They told me they do annual ultrasounds. Is that your only hang up that I didn't ask for proof of ultrasounds?
I'm sure they would be happy to provide to help ease doubt.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Why would you ask about a breeder, have people take the time to inform you about them, and go with them anyways? They lack all sorts of health testing holter, echo, hip xrays, thyroid testing, full blood panels... basically all of the testing that cost any amount of money. And let me guess they gave you a lovely deal of only charging you $5,500 or $6,500? If they aren't doing proper health testing and not really titling their dogs, besides paying their mortgage using their dogs sex organs why are their puppies so expensive? There's a sucker born every minute.
Meanwhile I'm over here selling puppies from parents with titles these breeders will never see, with health and longevity behind them as well and all proper health testing and then some for only $3,500. Expensive puppies does NOT mean higher quality.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I was given the genetic results of the parents and you can view results of antecedents online. I was happy with the situation and proceeded. They told me they do annual ultrasounds.

I was given the genetic results of the parents and you can view results of antecedents online. I was happy with the situation and proceeded. They told me they do annual ultrasounds. Is that your only hang up that I didn't ask for proof of ultrasounds?
I'm sure they would be happy to provide to help ease doubt.
No, I have several other hang-ups (did you get OFA results? are there longevity records? how many generations can you see on the Dobequest profiles? etc.) but I am not you and I do wish you the best of luck with your pup and am happy that you have come to DT as it is the best place for information about all things Doberman. As I wrote before, good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Why would you ask about a breeder, have people take the time to inform you about them, and go with them anyways? They lack all sorts of health testing holter, echo, hip xrays, thyroid testing, full blood panels... basically all of the testing that cost any amount of money. And let me guess they gave you a lovely deal of only charging you $5,500 or $6,500? If they aren't doing proper health testing and not really titling their dogs, besides paying their mortgage using their dogs sex organs why are their puppies so expensive? There's a sucker born every minute.
Meanwhile I'm over here selling puppies from parents with titles these breeders will never see, with health and longevity behind them as well and all proper health testing and then some for only $3,500. Expensive puppies does NOT mean higher quality.
Good lord, he charges $1000 for the “optional” crop on top of the $3500 or $4500 for the pup! There are no details in Dobequest on either of the “stud males” pictured. And it looks like he has racks taped to the pups heads?? I hope against hope that the OP uses the backer rod method if he/she doesn’t back out of this deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks.
Using doberbase you are able to look up the last 4 generations of family.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,888 Posts
Not a lot of longevity in those pedigrees. While a few dogs made it to 10, or even 11, most of the ones with a DOD were under 10. Quite a few of them under 8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Im joseph
Im looking for a healthy doberman.please if u can respond to me with all that's available or incoming.pics and info etc

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
30,208 Posts
Joseph, please start another thread with your inquiry. As a security measure, we do advise that you not post an email address on the open forum--so I'm taking out that part of your post. People can respond on your new thread--if you decide you want to talk to someone privately, you can send them your email address via a Private Conversation (see the FAQ directions in the drop down menu under the 3 dots on the right of the top bar.)

But to address the topic of your post--it looks like you are from Australia? I don't see where a list of available US, Canadian or European pups would be much good for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts