Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ivan's ears aren't that long nor that shape. Looks like her ears are almost touching the ground in that one photo. Ivan's would be half that long. Ivan's also are more triangle shaped at the end. Her's are rounded.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at a ton of coonhound puppy and adult pics and just didn't see it, or maybe I'm just bad at this game, lol. I have no idea what she sounds like. The finder is getting ready to take her to the shelter but reached out to our Dobe rescue first.

·
joie de vivre
11,393 Posts
Looks like a young hound mix to me. Any idea how old she is?

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
joie de vivre
11,393 Posts
Ear set and length may not be typical or to standard if she's poorly bred. There are plenty of Dobermans that are Dobermans in spite of not looking much at all like the standard.

I think her ear set and length resembles this girls, as well as her front and overall body type.

I could be wrong but she looks like a hound mix to me. Very houndy. Her head/face, ears, body type...she looks like a million other poorly bred hounds I've seen.

·
Super Moderator
23,358 Posts
Cute girl! New rescue?

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,892 Posts
I vote for Coonhound, also. A lot of the hunting-bred coonhound ears aren't as long as a show line dog. She might also have some kind of Cur in her.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We are trying to get in touch with a coonhound rescuer. If no one steps up the finder is taking her to a shelter. She was found on a deer lease so it would make more sense that she is part hound!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
B&T Coonhound, from hunting lines.

Hope the finder can manage a hound rescue placement for her--they languish forever in shelters.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.