Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fed this? If so, what do you think about it? Also....what variety? They have Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Lamb, Duck, Quail, Ostrich, Rabbit, Salmon, Buffalo, etc.

I priced it out to feed all three of mine for a month...it is pretty expensive, but might be worth it. I based it on 30lbs Chicken, 30lbs Turkey, 15lbs Lamb, 15lbs Beef, 6lb Quail, 6lb Rabbit, 6lb Buffalo, 6lb Ostrich, 6lb Duck, 3lb Salmon, 6lb Lamb Breast. Mainly for cost purposes. I would love to feed more of the exotic meats, but since I have two large and one medium dog......it just is tooooooooo expensive.

Im doing pretty well feeding raw right now, but this just seems so much easier. I know I would still need to give recreational bones for dental health. The Bravo! diets include organ meat and bone, it is just ground and put into rolls. Any thoughts? Anyone tried them?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I have looked at them. They stock it where I get my dogs food. I considered it, but it is really expensive if you have more than one dog of larger size. Spent some time reading their pamplet and had a lengthy discussion with the store owner. She feeds it. I think personally, I would stick with the raw and maybe get their exotic meats to shake up the pattern once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Thanks for the name.....I spend hours on line looking at RAW food info and potental "fast RAW" for when I'm away and Petey stays with my mom, or my sons, I don't want them messing with the bone meal. I am going to check them out for sure!

Carol ox

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
lacy - try finding someone nearby that can get you bulk deals.

i have fed bravo for 5 years, and i can get it almost wholesale prices via some of my co-ops, and i always get bulk discounts for the amount i buy./

i love all their products, but i dont use much of the ground just because i dont feed much ground (Except to the cats).

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
My thought is why spend the extra $ if you're already doing great with regular raw food looking like real food. If it's for convenience then use it in a pinch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I want it for when I have to leave Petey with a dog sitter.
Bingo! That's exactly what I use it for now too.

I used to feed Harley exclusively on Bravo, but I've found it really isn't much more difficult buying meat at the grocery store and it's much cheaper doing so. I separate portions using freezer bags.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
If you find someone that carries all of Bravo's lines, or will order it, they also have fairly good deals on whole bone products, especially the organic ones (better price than I can get locally). I tend to get duck frames, whole rabbit, whole fish, chicken backs and necks for the cats, etc.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the idea of being able to feed all of the exotic meats. We have really crappy grocery stores here, and they dont really carry very much variety. I have been feeding them racks of ribs (I can split a rack between 3 of them) Whole Cornish Game Hens (about 1.5lbs each) Turkey Necks, Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Chicken Gibblets and Liver that has been kind of minced up. I just got some sliced beef liver. I dont feed pork....I dont know why....I just didnt buy it, and I am kind of glad now that I didnt.

The Bravo just seemed like a good basic diet to me. I can add the seameal, oil...and have a complete diet. Then I can always throw in the things I have been giving them also. I just think it would work better for me that way. We have a pretty hectic schedule right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts