Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wife and I just had a brand new baby boy, and man does Cash love his baby.

If the baby cries, he comes running. If the baby is getting changed, there's Cash at the changing table licking toes and other appendages to do his part. Middle of the night changing, he's right there with you making sure he's ok. When the baby is in the swing he has to go and check him, and give a couple of kisses.

Even though he's a big dope, he gets very gentle around the baby. He's been around todlers too; samething slow little kisses and very diliberate movements.

We're trying to keep him involved, and not shun him, that way no jealousy. The only real issue we have is feeding time, because as you know Dobe's will eat anything. Breastmilk is on the list, so we have to build a Mama coral to keep the Dobe back far enough during feeding times.

I fully expect to find him curled up some day with my little boy, and that's fine with me. There's nothing better than a boy with his dog.

Signed,
Proud Papa.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Congrats Proud Papa.

I've had quite a few dogs in my life but none compare to the dogs I've had along with my human family. That is one of the reasons I missed having my dobe around the house. Both my boy and my girl were just loves with the kids, even as babies. The first meeting with Cleo was a little rocky as she got a little too excited to see Daddy but when she realized there was a bundle in his arms there was an instant gentleness to her. All 3 of the dogs had this 3 foot imaginary bubble where they would tread lightly and gently but loved to be near the babies and just there to smell, gently kiss and lay next to. As the kids got older and bigger the activities got a little more and more. Soon enough they were running around, playing ball and best friends.

Wonderful for your family that your wife is nursing, congratulate her for me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats on the new baby boy!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! We need pictures!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats on the new human baby!

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Dobes and babies can be an awesome combination - congrats to you! I second the request for pictures.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival, there is nothing like snuggling up a baby. Glad to hear Cash is good around the baby, and your including him. Not like some sad families back yard and then shipped off. Or keep them separate at all times and wonder why the dog isn't used to the child around. All of a sudden their not important anymore and too much work!
I am sorry if I missed it what is the babies name.
Pictures of the new little one please.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Congrats!!! and although they may be convincing enough...You cant leave your baby with a doberman while you and your wife go out! THey are good but not that good lol :):):):):):)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats!!! That is really funny about the breast milk, I can see a dobe doing that! Haha.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Congrats on your new addition. I am glad Cash is gentle and loves the baby.

I have a new grandson, he is 3 months old and Da'Kari loves him, she is also very gentle around him and loves to give kisses. It's like she is intrigued by him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No pictures of the two yet... Can't get baby Lucas close without full onslot kissing. When I get a good one, I'll bump this thread back up.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats on your new baby boy and I'm so glad your doberboy gets to be a "Big Brother" and watch over his "Baby Brother". What a protector he will be!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts