Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Who remembers the first day they brought home their Doberman? The excitement, the happiness, the pride.... This is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm a first time Doberman owner, looking for a reputable breeder. I had my mind made up on Botrina, given the extensive health testing and care that went into her litters. Unfortunately, Bonnie isn't able to breed any litters right now, despite her love for the breed and passion for it. Which means I need the help of the community and those informed, on where I can find a breeder near me.

I have heard great things about some Ontario breeders, but they are about 4,000Km's away.... lol. And unfortunately, when I do have questions, communication may become more of an issue (Do most breeders crop and dock?). I'm all for spending a little more money on a quality pup, and making the trip, but should I spend more than I have to on travel costs, and stress the pup more than necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm definitely after heath tested parents, and a healthy pup that will bring years of companionship.

Thank you!
~Chazz

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
What about Alberta?

I'd suggest you get in contact with Deb Romans, if she doesn't have a litter planned soon, she can probably recommend someone good.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have to ask, where is your avatar from? :)

Most breeders here in Ontario will crop and some will leave the ears natural by request. But you would be very hardpressed to find a breeder that would leave a puppy undocked. There is a member here who had a pup shipped from Ontario to Alberta. Her username here is DreamValley. You should PM her about her experience. :)

Reactions: Chazz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did visit her site previously and found some good information there. I would prefer a BC breeder, as I'd like to visit the parents/breeder before hand for a meet and greet etc.

Botrina is on her list, as well as two others I'm considering.

I've been hearing great things about Braebrook and Holmrun from everyone on the threads, but anymore information or opinions on these breeders and others, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!! It's great to be here! :)

Haha The Avatar is actually from Lady and the Tramp 2. "Buster" as he is in the movie, is the voice of Chazz Palminteri.

I'm definitely looking for a cropped and docked pup, just curious if it's a special request I need to make.

I'll try contacting DreamValley!! Thanks!

~Chazz

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I have a 3 year old boy from Mariah's (Braebrook) first litter, co-bred by Cherie Holmes (Holmrun); I am quite pleased with him :)

Both are on Vancouver Island. Mariah has 2 small litters at the moment, but all puppies are spoken for. I'm not absolutely sure what her plans are, but I'm guessing she won't breed again until the new year. I'm not sure about Cherie; I haven't seen her in quite a long time. Her website is not up to date. Both Cherie and Mariah only sell cropped/docked puppies.

There are a few other breeders in BC worth considering; see the breeder referral page on the DPCC website, for a list of breeders by province. DPCC = Doberman Pinscher Club of Canada.

Good luck in your search! :)

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
My puppy Asha is from Dobereich kennel.
Dobereich Home, Doberman Pinscher Breeder, Pug Breeder

Monica does cropping and docking. I have chosen to keep my Dobermans natural.
Health testing is her priority and her main focus to breed healthy Dobermans.

Monica will answer all your questions and pick up the right puppy if you give her enough information about your lifestyle and what are you looking for. She will ship a puppy to BC.

Here is my girl 7 months old. The pictures were taken yesterday.
She is from N-litter (Rogun x Juno)

Reactions: Chazz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been talking a bit with Mariah, but it doesn't sound like she has anything at the moment. Which is fine, because I don't need a pup right away... Just doing my research etc. ahead of time. The only litter Mariah has coming up are with a couple reds, and I'd really like a classic Black and tan male. And it sounds like Cherie will have a litter this fall with Mariah's Bravo. Just FYI :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey everyone,

Who remembers the first day they brought home their Doberman? The excitement, the happiness, the pride.... This is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm a first time Doberman owner, looking for a reputable breeder. I had my mind made up on Botrina, given the extensive health testing and care that went into her litters. Unfortunately, Bonnie isn't able to breed any litters right now, despite her love for the breed and passion for it. Which means I need the help of the community and those informed, on where I can find a breeder near me.

I have heard great things about some Ontario breeders, but they are about 4,000Km's away.... lol. And unfortunately, when I do have questions, communication may become more of an issue (Do most breeders crop and dock?). I'm all for spending a little more money on a quality pup, and making the trip, but should I spend more than I have to on travel costs, and stress the pup more than necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm definitely after heath tested parents, and a healthy pup that will bring years of companionship.

Thank you!
~Chazz
Your in Kelowna?... how about a German Shepherd? I just got a GSD pup from Ruth in Kelowna very very nice pups, she's in West Kelowna. I believe she has 2 still available one male and one female if you want I can pm you her phone number and you can go check them out seeing how she's in the same city as you. She's also a very well known trainer there and great lady with a ton of knowledge with Schutzhund, SAR ect and with the breed. I can't say enough good things, I'm very happy with my boy I got from her this past weekend very solid temperament and confident pups.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts