Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Very interesting. Both of my dogs have had all of their shots, boosters etc. However... About a month ago I was reading about "Holistic Vets" and visited some of their websites. Some of their viewpoints will really make you think. My mom has been really into Holistic Medicine ever since I was little. Now that is not to say that we never went to normal doctors, never took regular medicine, etc. And I personally think that if you can cure or prevent something naturally, without subjecting your body to outside toxins, chemicals, and gunk...why shouldnt you?

Moral of the story: I don't know enough about it to not vaccinate my animals. If I were in a position to really research it (and I mean REALLY research it) I might not have. I am all for holistic/homeopathic approach to animal and/or human health. I guess it just comes down to risk, and what you are willing to wager. I think that someone who chooses this route should be very educated into animal health, but thats just my opinion....

Great Topic, I'm looking forward to reading what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lean towards vaccinating puppies and boostering once as adults even. I feel they are protected after that. And there is more harm than good by over vaccinating them on a yearly basis.

I'm not one to take an entirely homeopathic approach to all aspects, such as meds and such, or vaccinating at all, but just with the boostering yearly do I feel personally that I am putting my dogs at more risk than not for ailments or cancers. That is just my personal opinion on it and how I feel it relates to my dogs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lexus said:
not one to take an entirely homeopathic approach to all aspects, such as meds and such, or vaccinating at all, but just with the boostering yearly do I feel personally that I am putting my dogs at more risk than not for ailments or cancers. That is just my personal opinion on it and how I feel it relates to my dogs.
I agree with you here. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts