Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Raffle to help Bodie

Ok Bodie is not a Doberman, but he is one sweet dude who needs help. Bodie is being cared for by my very kind vet, Sue Maturo who has provided not only his care, but his name. He was brought to her on a Saturday afternoon as an emergency two weeks ago.

Why does Bodie need our help? Bodie was tethered with a chain in the back of a pick up truck when something happened and he was bounced out of the truck while it was going about 50 miles per hour. Bodie tried to put on the brakes and stop the truck from pulling him down the highway. The result was severe injuries to his feet, his legs and his underbelly. His pads were worn and torn off completely and all his nails were ripped from the nail beds, leaving huge holes. He lost a few teeth and even his “privates” were injured (he has since been neutered). Since last week, he has undergone extensive repair surgeries and will need more, including the possibility of skin graphs for his feet/pads.

Who saved Bodie? A Prince Georges, MD police car was behind the truck and finally got the woman to stop. The woman who was driving the truck told the policeman the dog was not hers and she was taking it to the pound. On the spot, the policeman insisted the woman drive Bodie immediately to a vet’s office for help. Enter Sue Maturo, DVM, who has taken on the task and expense of nursing Bodie back to health.

Bodie has become the darling of the PG County Police Department and receives regular visits from the cop who saved him, as well as other members of the department.

So here is the scoop!! Helayne Silver is holding a raffle for The Bodie Fund and the prize is a Bakari necklace of your choice. Other prizes may be added as they are donated to the cause. You can browse styles at http://bakaridobes.westhost.com/dobejewel.htm or she can design a new one to your specifications. Raffle tickets are as follows:

$1- 1 ticket
$5 - 6 tickets
$10 - 13 tickets
$20 - 28 tickets

The drawing will be held December 24th, a wonderful holiday present! Anyone interested in purchasing tickets should email Helayne at [email protected] and she will send you her mailing address.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LuvBirds59,

THANK YOU! Bodie is such a sweet and trusting boy.... how anyone could do this to him is beyond my ability to comprehend. I have many more graphic photos I did not post... just too much!!!

Everyone has permission to cross-post!

Thanks again. I'll do my best to be sure the list knows how Mr. B-boy is doing as time goes on...

Lyn

·
Registered
625 Posts
That poor poor boy, those pics made my heart break. I've already emailed to buy some tickets. The woman driving the truck should have been dragged herself. To her, she was just transporting a bag of trash... GRRRRR....

Thank you Sue Maturo for helping him!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to MIA and poconogal! Bodie is having a tough time of it right now and his antibiotics are being changed to see it that makes a difference! He is such a sweet boy... Helayne Silver has taken him a comfy bed to sleep on and he is very grateful :) It is hard to think of him having a set back, but his injuries were extensive and severe... I will keep everyone updated.

Also new prizes will be added, so more than one ticket will be pulled (for example we will be posting photos for you to check out soon--sculptures and collars...)... I'll let you know!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Kagaard,
This post has broken my heart. I am very disturbed by what has happened to this poor dog. I am going to donate for Bodie because I want him to get better and I want to help make a difference. That woman should be put in jail for the animal cruelty that she's done!

Kagaard, thanks for posting! I will donate today!

Reactions: kargaard

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I am just flabbergasted that a (and i say with disgust)"human being" could be so stupid and or cruel!!I am just stunned and heartbroken at what that boy has been through.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear Brumwolf,

THANK YOU FOR HELPING Mr. Bodie-boy....

He is feeling a bit better today and if ok tomorrow, he will get a weekend pass to go home with one of the vet techs for the Saturday and Sunday... whoo hooo... an outing for the boy. I plan to take a crate by the vet hospital for the vet tech to use at her home this weekend.

We will be adding lots of new items to the raffle--all to be pulled the night of December 24th--so more than one winner.

So again, a very, very special thank you for featuring Bodie's story on the Home page... above and beyond! Mr. Bodie would give you a kiss if he could... our thanks will have to suffice for now :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dobegirl07,

THANK YOU! The Bodie-meister will post new photos (not graphic awful ones that I have hidden where I try not to look at them... no pads on his poor little feet... ugh... I still wake at night and picture him when he came into the vet hospital!) No, we will try and take a few happy photos and post....

Big kisses from the boy... I do believe he has a doberman heart within his bod... he sure acts alot like the silly dobermeisters I know and love :)

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
OK Raffle tickets bought and I posted this on a pit board I go to! He's in my prayers. Hugs and kisses to Brodie.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Such a very sad story. That poor little guy! Thank you for helping him. Wish I was closer so I could provide a little help.

Reactions: kargaard

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I wish I could adopt him. Nothing like a pit to pull at my heart strings and an injured pit breaks my heart. I will email and donate as well. I hope he gets better and finds a wonderful home.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I would LOVE to adopt him he's so cute. I love pits..... There's another one in WA that's killing me too... Thank dog my hubby won't let me or I would have them all!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to everyone! I'm on my way to see Bodie and drop off a crate for Bodie's big weekend adventure. Hopefully a few new photos of Bodie will surface soon....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bodie went home with Sue Maturo, DVM for a weekend adventure... Sue has two Rotties and two Scotties and the Bodie-meister fit right in!

He will probably need to have skin graphs on his rear feet as he lost so much skin and muscle, but his spirits are fine (wagging his tail for Dr. Sue) and as you can see by the photo, letting everyone know how happy he is... what a sweetheart!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
He is so cute, that face, those eyes. I really hope that he heals well and finds a wonderful home. Again, thank God you are far away because as I said before, pits are my weakness and he is adorable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts