Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking for a food that would work for all my dogs, especially my blue dobe with severe allergies and IBD. i have had alll of them on blue buffalo for 3 months now, my dobe is still not gaining like i would like him to, and his hair is not coming back from his last episode(got a mouthful of roomates dog chow, severly allergic to corn, we almost lost him)
we just found out that our farm and ranch store (like TSC) is now carrying TOTW(taste of the wild)
i dont like to geed more than 1 dog food, as too many chances that someone will get into the wrong food and get a upset tummy.
so what one help me decide! i need to find a food and stay with it lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You may or may not find a food that all can eat happily. If you have to, I would keep them separated at feeding time if you have to use different food.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I had my Boston Terriers on Blue Buffalo and they LOST hair behind their ears and on the back of their legs. I switched them to TOTW and it has come back. They really like the food too.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You might not find one food for both dogs. We have been lucky with our boys.
They are on Earthborn Holistic Grain Free

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I also had my guys on Blue.. I had a Red male, Blue Girl, Black girl and male.. all different ages.. I had the same problem..Blue girl hair not coming in.. Red male loosing weight.. Blackmale lost hair on ears.. But on the other hand I was feeding it to my 17 year old cat that had tummy problems and she did great.. I also went to TOTW and love it.. Everyone was doing great on it.. Now we are down to one dog my oldest Spirit who is 10. and he is doing great on TOTW. If all the dogs have no tummy problems on TOTW then I would feed it to all even if some don't like the taste.. I found out that if they are hungry they will eat it.. I put a little water on it sometimes and make a gravy which helped.. Good luck

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I had my cocker on blue and she did ok but still had some skin flaking and such so I switched her to ToTW. Her coat is doing much better now. I tried to put Whiskey on another food and that backfired big time so we're switching back to ToTW for him as well.

I also give them fish oil every day and that seems to be working like a charm!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I feed TOTW to all my crew. Gia ha sbeen on it since I got her and my other two furbabies do great also Everyone asks what do you put on the Dobermans coat to make it so shiny.:)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If he is severly allergic to corn I would not feed TOTW because it is manufactured by Diamond who also manufactures pet food that has corn in it, and I would worry about cross contamination.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
TOTW is ALL I feed. I even feed it to my cat ;) I've been extremely happy with it thus far and it's completely eliminated my parent's dog having skin issues. It's also a decent value in my opinion. Gunner likes it, has firm stools, and his coat is glossy and beautiful.

·
Registered
732 Posts
go for TOTW...I personally feed evo red meat(best results regarding itching for my blue) or fish formula, but, My Sister feeds TOTW and I can say she has good looking poodles FWIW.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks all, i had really planned to go with totw but, when we went to go get it the kibble was as small as cat food or smaller! i have a hard time with the blue buffalo , as odie inhales his food, even with the big rocks in there. so, for now its up the blue buffalo, add eggs, and a bit of fish oil and see if i can get his weight up on blue buffalo

·
Registered
732 Posts
TOTW...blue is overpriced crap. you want grain food... try 4health from tractor supply... the correct price for a grain kibble and a great food BTW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts