Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beloved Blue Female Lost traveling through South Carolina
I was just informed that one of my dogs that was sold recently that I bred was spooked by a truck at a rest area in South Carolina and disappeared into the night.
She is a 5 year young Blue female Doberman Pinscher, ears cropped, tails docked, microchipped in my name Lucy Jakubowski and Cindy Raymann (deceased). She was wearing a black studded leather collar and a choke chain and of course being blue has a thin blue charcoal grey coat. Her name is Blue and has lots of obedience AND LISTEN WELL. A WONDERFUL ANIMAL. AVID CHIP 092-768-792
She disappeared into the night last Sunday March 26th last rest area on the South Carolina -Georgia line in South Carolina on Interstae 95, maybe a little south around Walterboro S.C., on interstate 95. The person was not sure of the rest area because she was tired and it was dark. She said she only looked for her for 1/2 hour, then left to go north to New York. So sad, she did not wait till morning to presume looking for BLUE. Please help, I will drive down to pick her up if we find her.
If any one knows any rescue groups or spca organizations in that area, please email so I can start my search. Saturday morning I will goggle rescues in S.C area. Tonight I am posting on all Doberman chat rooms. Thank you and pray for Blue.

[email protected]
Lucy Jakubowski
716-557-2452
index

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I hope someone finds her.
Too bad the person couldn't sacrifice a little more time, sad.

Reactions: Audrey1 and Sherryh

·
Registered
939 Posts
I hope someone finds her.
Too bad the person couldn't sacrifice a little more time, sad.
I was thinking the same thing, Nubis'sDad. Who just leaves their dog??
I really hope someone finds her before she finds the highway.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Horrible news. I can't believe she only spent 30 minutes. I hope someone finds her and you get her back.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
I am shocked at athat dog owner. How irresponsible. I live in Tn, probably 4 hours from that area.

If somehow this girl is reported to you, I will try to help relay her or at least keep her here till you can get her.

Now I'm gonna fret about her. Please keep us posted. You can send a private message if there is anything I can do to help.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, Nubis'sDad. Who just leaves their dog??
I really hope someone finds her before she finds the highway.
Different strokes for different folks.
I spent a whole night in the woods when I was 14 because a new beagle pup got lost learning rabbit hunting. I got frostbitten feet and a crooked toe. If I could reverse time, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
I have alot of love for dogs after my first dog showed me unconditional love at age 11, basically saving my life.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
I am looking at maps of the area, didn't find a dobe rescue group for SC. Have you tried calling rescue shelters, the truck rest stop people, local veterinarians?

Can I help you call? If you want to divide up calling areas, I will help. Poor Blue. I hope a kind dog lover has her safe somehow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I-95 is close to Savannah, GA. The resources for the GA side might be able to help you find help on the SC side of the border.

Here are some possible contacts I've found through a google search:

1 - Chatham County - Savannah, GA 31410
Savannah Animal Welfare and Rescue 912-920-8605

2 - Notori Dobermans and Whippets - Rescue

3 - Savannah (pure breed rescue) 2nd Chance Rescue & Referral [email protected] (912)748-6097

4 - DT Member: Hyperdog posted this link: http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-rescue/46299-3-dobes-savannah-ga-area-need-homes.html, maybe they can help

5 - Coastal Pet Rescue — Coastal Pet Rescue Savannah Pet Rescue Adoptions - Georgia Humane Animal Shelter

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I could never leave my dog behind, poor blue. Hope she is found safe and sound, sending positive vibes.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Brokendobe--- brokendobe Doberman Rescue - Columbia, SC Rescue Animals

I am in Fort Mill, I'm not sure how far I am away from the area but if I can be of any help please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Added to add, I can't believe they just now let you know also. Wow, what winners these people are. Why don't people just tell you they are jerks right off? It would help save a lot of heartbreak.

Can those of us in the area post on FB to try to get the word out? I have a few dog people on my FB friends list that work with various shelters and rescue.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I will keep my fingers crossed someone nice finds this poor lost girl and returns her to you, not the dumb ass people who left her after 30 minutes of looking. Jesus H, how could they? Not so long ago my big Terrier ran off after having a scuffle with my other dogs and I spent the whole night wandering around the Campo (bloody dangerous during the daytime much less at night) searching for him. I just couldnt rest until I found him and I did, thank god.
If this poor girls owners were worth the oxygen they breathe they would have stayed there until she was found.

Please keep us informed as to any progress. :kiss: to little lost Blue.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts