Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Nemesis is almost a year old blue female and under her neck collar area and on the elbows she is loosing hair and getting red sores I removed her collar and got her some skin and coat liquid vitamins with salmon and fish oil I also feed her Blue just change her from pup to adult thats when the neck thing started so I just bought a nature domain grain free salmon and sweet potate food and I am going to start introducing that to her with the vitamins does anyone else have any other suggestions her vet tells me that it is normal with a blue but her siblings has never had any problems yes I did know about the hair and skin that can happen with the blues but we feel in love with her and took the chance so if anyone has any help to offer please let me know thanx

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Google Storms Regime, the site has excellent advise about caring for a dilute doberman. It would also be a good idea to have her thyroid tested later on. I would try Acana Pacifica if the Natures Domain doesnt work out.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
The losing hair is genetic. I've had some small success with using MSM supplement, seems to help them grow a bit more coat.

The red sores, however, aren't a health issue exclusive to dilute Dobermans, and that needs to be checked by the vet. Staph infection needs ruled out, as well as many other skin conditions that could be.

·
memories
1,756 Posts
sorry your're going through this, and i hope it resolves soon! msm and fish oil can help. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts