Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my black and tan doberman had her first litter 16 days ago. I was shocked to see 2 grey pups! I have never heard of Blue dobermans until i googled it. They are very beautiful, however I understand they are prone to skin conditions and I am now very concerned as these to gorgeous boys have developed wart-like skin eruptions on their heads, near their eyes and ears. I will be taking them to the vet first thing next week, in the meantime can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I don't know what could be going on with your pups... hopefully, your vet can shed some light and initiate proper treatment. I do think that whatever it is is unlikely to be connected to the fact that they are dilutes. Good luck with your litter!

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Havent seen your pups but viral infection comes to mind..... Get the puppies to a DOCTOR asap, they are sick. They have (most likely) been exposed to Canine Papilloma Virus. (things like poor living conditions, parasites, exposure to many types of bacteria, sick mother and/or father are all possible contributions)
You should NEVER breed dogs that have not been properly health tested along many other reasons, and furthermore should never breed with no knowledge in your pocket. Please take the mother and puppies to the vet.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Well considering you had a litter and didn't know what a blue Doberman was you should go to vet asap to check it out and get as much help with litter as possible.
Amen.

Get those pup's to the vet now. It's bad enough that these poor pups don't have the best start in life (an assumption, yes, but if you don't know what a blue is I feel safe in assuming that you've done no health testing) don't let them suffer. If your vet isn't open take them to an e-vet. If there is no vet in your town drive to the next one. Get on it.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Don't wait until next week to take them to the vet. They're puppies, newborn puppies. They need to be at the vet NOW.

Also, considering everything you don't know about Dobermans, do the world a favor and stop producing puppies. People like you are the reason shelters and rescues are full.

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
could be puppy pimples. I had a blue and now have a fawn, they both had them. They will grow out of it in a few weeks, but do take to vet just to be absolutely sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW - I am shocked and amazed buy the rude attitude of people on this forum, shame on you!!! The original poster reached out for help form what they thought would be knowledgeable people and was attacked with some vicious replies.

I do not condone breeding - I have always adopted rescue animals and have had a dislike of breeders "back yard" or "reputable" but that is my personal opinion; I do not go around bashing all the posters who are breeding their dogs on this forum.

Yes, people should be knowledgeable before they take on the responsibility of owining a pet, ANY PET. But let the person on this forum who knew EVERYTHING about raising puppies prior to having them cast the first stone.

I came here as a new Doberman owner to gain more knowledge about the breed. Isn't that the point of this or any forum? To gain knowledge form others???

How can anybody learn when they are belittled and degraded when they ask a question!?!?!?!

·
Registered
939 Posts
WOW - I am shocked and amazed buy the rude attitude of people on this forum, shame on you!!! The original poster reached out for help form what they thought would be knowledgeable people and was attacked with some vicious replies.

I do not condone breeding - I have always adopted rescue animals and have had a dislike of breeders "back yard" or "reputable" but that is my personal opinion; I do not go around bashing all the posters who are breeding their dogs on this forum.

Yes, people should be knowledgeable before they take on the responsibility of owining a pet, ANY PET. But let the person on this forum who knew EVERYTHING about raising puppies prior to having them cast the first stone.

I came here as a new Doberman owner to gain more knowledge about the breed. Isn't that the point of this or any forum? To gain knowledge form others???

How can anybody learn when they are belittled and degraded when they ask a question!?!?!?!
I think the responses were ENTIRELY appropriate. The ONLY people who should be breeding are, in fact, the folks that took the time with the breed to learn over years and years what they needed to know, and then spent time with a mentor learning. I'd bet anything that when those breeders had their first litters that they knew exactly what was going on and how to handle things.

There is not a chance that someone that doesn't know what a blue doberman is that is an ethical or responsible breeder- BYB's and irresponsibility is literally killing our beloved breed. There is nothing acceptable about this.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I am not sure if you are talking about me. I am no way an expert on dobermans and I have made mistakes but I would not think about my dog having a litter if I did not know the 4 main colors the dog could be. So that is why I said to get to vet ASAP.

I can not speak for people but I think it is very upsetting to people on this site because of how many dobermans are sitting in a shelter right now when there are people with litters that do not even know basic colors.

I do not mean to come off rude or have attude. I come here for help and info. If I didn't join this site how would I know how bad it was that I once had a byb try to suggest me to breed one of their dogs.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts

Have.you actually read this thread and other.threads on this forum? This thread has been pretty tame, people have been pretty nice, and the OP's question was answered

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Forums like this are to help people not REPLACE doctors or other professionals that are needed. There is a huge problem when someone turns to google or any other online discussion with strangers who could very well know NOTHING. Instead, they should seek proper medical attention (or whatever attention they need ie professional trainers etc). And turn to discussion forums for second or third opinions for example, not the first place they come.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
lets hope that this litter was an opps litter and not a litter bred on purpose. Please take the mother and the pups to a vet, a lot can happen in such or short period of time.

If you read the manifesto you will have already known that this forum takes the success of the Doberman very seriously, backyard breeders are not part of this breeds success or for any other breed. If you are willing to do the right thing we are here to help point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

What did the OP expect? Or better yet, what did you expect? He/she was given appropriate advice (will it be followed?) and was given some light jabs. Honey......if you think those responses were rude or hateful you ain't seen nuthin'.

The OP bred a litter with nary a clue. Where is the common sense?????

Something like this is right up there with the teenage girl sitting on a toilet and unbeknownst, having a baby. Surprise!!!

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Hahahaha, what? I was surprised by how gentle the responses have been. In fact, lately, most people on here have been incredibly congenial. Get off your high horse Jeannine, why are you posting in this thread just to try and "reprimand" those who are actually being HELPFUL?

To be honest, it makes me sick that someone has had a litter from their dog and doesn't even know the simplest fact when it comes to dobermans. I hope and pray that this was an accidental litter, and the folks here have been pretty unassuming with regards to that.
The original poster reached out for help
Everyone who has posted here except you (and me? I agree with everyone's responses) has given the OP an answer to their question.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts