Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
did anyone not notice all the horses on there? or is that normal?

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Lots of high end horses are sold at auction, ie the Keeneland Yearling sale. Not over the Internet though. At least not to my knowledge.
Ive been to a horse auction in person but I have never heard of it over the internet .. as for the puppy, thats pretty sad too, not sure what they are thinking.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The horses are .. you are buying a breeding to the horses unless you go to the horses for sale folders. Horses are marketed on the net a lot. Gets a wider audience.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
usually at large breed shows they will hold auctions and alot of buying on them is done online
Are you referring to "large breed" dogs or large volume horse horse auctions?

Either way, and I'm hoping its horses, how can you speculate on the soundness of a horse via the Internet? Are they skype'd or something?

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Are you referring to "large breed" dogs or large volume horse horse auctions?

Either way, and I'm hoping its horses, how can you speculate on the soundness of a horse via the Internet? Are they skype'd or something?
In horses a breed show is a show that is specifically for one breed like quarter horses , arabs, paints etc. etc. and the large just mean bigger volume breed shows The World Appaloosa show has a Huge auction and alot are bought online. The AQHA and AHA do the same thing

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
In horses a breed show is a show that is specifically for one breed like quarter horses , arabs, paints etc. etc. and the large just mean bigger volume breed shows The World Appaloosa show has a Huge auction and alot are bought online. The AQHA and AHA do the same thing
How do they possibly account for soundness online? Buyer beware? How can you evaluate a horse online? Or is this mostly brood stock?

I have some horse history, and know some folks sell "school master" FEI level horses online. But it's all on consignment, and there are stipulations in the contracts. How does that work in large volume online auctioning?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
That seems like a silly way to sell horses. Online? High volume sales? Seems more like moving merchandise than responsible horsemanship.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts