Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this is commom in girl dogs as it comes and goes with her. She is three and a half years old. I have been told to give her cranberry juice or pills? :confused: She also always seems to be alot warmer than my boy. :thanx:

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
no, it is not common.

blood in the urine and her with a possible fever..................she needs to be seen by your VEt..soon.

it may be a bad urinary tract infection that has spread to her bladder, it could even have reached her kidneys.

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
I second Darkevs. Your vet will do a urine test to see what bacteria is present. At best an infection....but could be something serious too. You need to get it checked and then on antibiotics.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was wondering if this is commom in girl dogs as it comes and goes with her. She is three and a half years old. I have been told to give her cranberry juice or pills? :confused: She also always seems to be alot warmer than my boy. :thanx:
For humans, blood in urine is a symptom of bladder cancer. You may want to have a full blood panel done on her along with a complete urine culture sent out that will take several days to test for bladder infection. The in-office dip tests are not as accurate.

It could be her urine is highly acidic. This happened to my mother several times and doctors warned her to get to hospital immediately.

I have an advanced stage of Interstitial Cystitis so I have done my homework on this topic. It may not be serious but I agree with above post, get her to a vet.

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
There is a good chance she has a bladder full of crystals. They act just like little microscopic saws, slicing into the bladder wall. It hurts! Take her to a vet. She needs urinalysis and bloodwork.

·
Good Gracious, Gracie!
1,943 Posts
The only time I saw blood in a dog's urine, she had a bladder full of stones and required emergency surgery to remove them.

I'd get to a vet absolutely ASAP. The dog is almost certainly in pain and definitely needs a good diagnosis and treatment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts