Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you remember Roxy bloated about a month ago. Here is our episode about it. I hope all the information is correct and I put a link to a great bloat group in the description. You can hear in my voice how frustrated I was getting about the lack of urgency (something most of you are familiar with!) It was very tough dealing with this whilst traveling around in an RV!

https://youtu.be/bWllyR9mNXI

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Dobiegirl, that was an excellent video on bloat. What an ordeal and you being away from home. I can't imagine all the stress with that, a new vet, and not being with your girl.
It was difficult to watch because of the memories that came back seeing Duggan going through that just last year in May. In his case his speen was destroyed because of the stomach
twist and he did not make it. That video should help others that may experience it in the future. Good job and I am just so glad Roxy made it and at her age, just a miracle.
Thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dobiegirl, that was an excellent video on bloat. What an ordeal and you being away from home. I can't imagine all the stress with that, a new vet, and not being with your girl.
It was difficult to watch because of the memories that came back seeing Duggan going through that just last year in May. In his case his speen was destroyed because of the stomach
twist and he did not make it. That video should help others that may experience it in the future. Good job and I am just so glad Roxy made it and at her age, just a miracle.
Thanks for sharing that.
Thankyou so much for the feedback! When our boy bloated they did remove his spleen "to be safe" but we had still caught it kind of early. I was reading that bloat is genetic and that does make sense. Did you tack your dobies young after that?

·
Big Lil pup
6,157 Posts
Thank you so much for the info.

My boy's father (Ch. Cambrias Highly Regarded... Rayden) died of bloat/torsion while traveling in Alaska.

When I got McCoy, I studied up on the symptoms associated with Bloat and the immediate care required if and when it occurs.

Thanks again

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts