Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
My vet told me if a dog pee's while sleeping they are incontent if they pee while awake they just have poor house breaking skills she may have a bladder infection. I was talking to him about my 14 year old Papillon.
Papbouv

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
It could be bladder problems or it could also be a hormone problem if she is spayed,if it is due to a spey the vet can give you medication to control it and if it is a bladder infection a simple course of antibiotics should clear up the problem,simple answer is off to the vets with her.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive had her to the vet and they put her on several differnt antibiodics,changed her diet,now im changing vets to c what they can do

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum, first. Being that your girl is 5 months old, is she spayed or not. Also, is she house broken yet? I'm not sure at that age that they have complete control over their bladder yet. Medically, it can be a UTI as others has mentioned. Has she been tested for UTI? Lets us know what the other vet says...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Kratty said:
Welcome to the forum, first. Being that your girl is 5 months old, is she spayed or not. Also, is she house broken yet? I'm not sure at that age that they have complete control over their bladder yet. Medically, it can be a UTI as others has mentioned. Has she been tested for UTI? Lets us know what the other vet says...
no she not spayed,she was peeing blood and the vet did surgery to fix that and now she just leaks pee all the time.we had six other pups that didnt have this problem.hoping to get a fix with this new vet on the 17th.she has been like this since birth i kept her because of her problem

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
jul_miller said:
no she not spayed,she was peeing blood and the vet did surgery to fix that and now she just leaks pee all the time.we had six other pups that didnt have this problem.hoping to get a fix with this new vet on the 17th.she has been like this since birth i kept her because of her problem

Hello and welcome, I thought she was just peeing when sleeping??? So you had a female that had a litter and kept a pup?? I'm confused...sorry. So what was causing her to pee blood? And what was the surgery the vet did to fix it?? I think we are not getting the whole picture here...at least I'm not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okie-dobie said:
Hello and welcome, I thought she was just peeing when sleeping??? So you had a female that had a litter and kept a pup?? I'm confused...sorry. So what was causing her to pee blood? And what was the surgery the vet did to fix it?? I think we are not getting the whole picture here...at least I'm not.
my female doby had pups 8 pups this one pup had problems peeing blood so the vet performed surgery on her and that quit so now she just leaks pee,mostly while sleeping and hes giving me all diifernt kinds of antibiodics and changed her diet and nothing has worked.im taking her to a differnt vet the 17th maybe he can do something for her,not sure what the surgery was called he did but he drew me a picture to explain what was wrong.i kept her because of her problems

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I thought there was 6 pups?? Anyways, I hope the new vet can solve the problem. I find it kinda strange that your pup would have a surgery so young or if at all for a leaking problem. That's why I asked if there was something else going on? Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okie-dobie said:
I thought there was 6 pups?? Anyways, I hope the new vet can solve the problem. I find it kinda strange that your pup would have a surgery so young or if at all for a leaking problem. That's why I asked if there was something else going on? Good luck and keep us updated.
there was 8 pups 2 died at birth.thereason he did surgery was for peeing blood,but now thats healed up she leaks pee all the time mostly while sleeping,sorry im not a good explainer just thought someone else might of had this problem before and knew what to do besides another surgery or more antibiodics thats not helping

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I'm sorry jul I am not trying to be rude and it may have seen that way in my previous posts. I guess I just can't figure out why a vet would perform surgery just because a dog is peeing blood. I am glad you are getting a second opinion.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
I guess I just can't figure out why a vet would perform surgery just because a dog is peeing blood.
Uh huh. Why was she peeing blood? And what was done in surgery to fix that?

Has she had a UA done? Or did the vet diagnosis urinary incontinence?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Uh huh. Why was she peeing blood? And what was done in surgery to fix that?

Has she had a UA done? Or did the vet diagnosis urinary incontinence?
she she had the ua done but still wanted her on antibiocs

·
Registered
891 Posts
Blood in urine, surgery to correct? Honestly I have never heard of this. Was the senerio like....oh dear blood in puppy's pee...take puppy to Vet....Vet checks puppys urine, runs tests etc...in same visit say's needs to do surgery?

My Vet would sooner chew his arm off than to do surgery if he can help it.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
jul_miller said:
she she had the ua done but still wanted her on antibiocs

I feel like I'm pulling teeth....I give up.:sadcry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PeeWeesMama said:
Blood in urine, surgery to correct? Honestly I have never heard of this. Was the senerio like....oh dear blood in puppy's pee...take puppy to Vet....Vet checks puppys urine, runs tests etc...in same visit say's needs to do surgery?

My Vet would sooner chew his arm off than to do surgery if he can help it.
yes he did,i took a urin sample to him and he said she needed surgery, and he said there was alot of scar tissue.250.00 later she dont leak blood now its just pee.wish i would have gotten a second opion then.i just trusted what he said. thanks anyway

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
did he say what the scar tissue could be from??
She was/is 5 months old, never been spayed..........how did she get scar tissue?
Because if I understand right.........he said scar tissue before he did the surgery?
(or am I just dense?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Acooper said:
did he say what the scar tissue could be from??
She was/is 5 months old, never been spayed..........how did she get scar tissue?
Because if I understand right.........he said scar tissue before he did the surgery?
(or am I just dense?)
yes your right he said she had alot of scar tissue and it was more difficult for her surgery.im hoping this new vet can shed some light for me also,now that youve said something about surgery im going to be asking alot more questions.i shouldnt have had so much trust in this one vet,hes the same vet that did my males ears and one of those wont stand,he said this new lazer surgery was much better for him 550.00 dollars later one ear wont stand,my regular vet wont do surgery any more so he has an associat vet help him out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts