Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My female is spayed and started to pee the bed and places she would sleep. I checked with our vet because she knows I'm holistic in my approach of meds. I ask her about cornsilk and she agreed. My female has been on 450mg capsule of cornsilk every morning mixed with applesauce. She has not had a problem since we started a few years ago. I hope you find the right thing for your sweet dobe............

·
sandy2233
2,520 Posts
M's on DES now. And that seems to help her. Once in a awhile, I will forget to give it to her on time and 2 or 3 days later she pees the bed. I hate that. Comforter has to go to cleaners, wash the electric blanket, then the sheets then the mattress pad (thank god it's a waterproof one). This problem was going on before she was spayed. I can't remember what she was put on first, but it did absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
I used cloth pants with pads for my 14 & 1/2 Long Haired Papillon for the last 2 years of her life used baby wipes with Aloe.Had two denim pants traded back and forth worked really well.Has you girl been tested for diabetes seems like allot of urine also Walmart carries Cranberry capsules now also. Good Luck with your girl.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
An update.
Ziva is still on the antibiotics. Since she started, no leaking!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm so happy. Once she's finished the antibiotics, we'll wait 5 days then I'll bring in a urine sample for them to test. Praying that the antibiotics were all that was needed & she'll be good to go.

Reactions: Cathy43 and Darkevs

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Why on earth didn't your vet take a urine sample by cysto? They are more accurate anyway since they should be sterile unless she has a kidney or bladder infection.

Also baby wipes don't usually remove enough urine to keep the skin which gets soaked with urine clean enough to avoid urine scald. You don't need to give her a bath with shampoo--you can clean fresh urine off with just water spray.

Good luck with this--Proin and DES both work well for incontinent bitches--for really intractable cases sometimes it takes both but it beat having a dog leaking everywhere.

I agree, I'd have had the cysto done.

Does your vet have an US machine, OP?

They can do a guided cysto, and get it over with quickly, for your girl. You may need a culture to make sure you're covering her, with the correct antibiotic.

It would also give you information about whether her bladder is in the "correct" position or not, and her anatomy may be part of the problem, or not.

An update.
Ziva is still on the antibiotics. Since she started, no leaking!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm so happy. Once she's finished the antibiotics, we'll wait 5 days then I'll bring in a urine sample for them to test. Praying that the antibiotics were all that was needed & she'll be good to go.
Glad to hear a good update.

I just wanted to comment on something SherryH posted--and that is that we are seeing a lot of anecdotal success stories with cornsilk and pumpkin seed oil, lots of discussion on the dog rescue lists about it.

Unless Brw (or some other smartie :p) comes up with a reason that supplementing those two things are not benign, I think it's worth a try, along with your conventional "Western" medicine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.