Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Just recently our family(includingVier&Oscar)decided that we deserved a break for a week.So we all decided that we would all haul are butts to Blackpool for the week.
So we put dog friendly hotels in our search engine and hey presto BING it reeled out loads of answers for us,yippie we thought.So we thought it would be as easy as comparing prices once we had rang a few.HOW WRONG WE WERE! So we made 19 phone calls and every one we got the same answer.Yes we accept dogs what breed are they?Dobermans i replied it was like a brick wall suddenly imerged in front of us.Were sorry we couldn't possibly take that breed!How dare they label our breed as a bad boy breed,I WAS FUMING!It was the same answer at all 19.
We were about to give up and we made the twentouth call,we got through to a nice couple who said "Well we normally take dogs yes but they are usually small dogs.But we assure you we are dog lovers and we would be glad to take your dobes and your family" YIPPIE! Thank God for the martins hotel north shore.But how dare the 19 others refuse us it really sickens me!
So anyone fancies a short break in Blackpool i would thouroughly recommend them.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I hate to say this, but I had a similar experience. The big problem is that the buildings and owner insurances don't seem to enjoy covering "high risk" breeds like Dobermanns, Rotts, GSD's, Staffies, ect. Some insurance companies charge extra for cover for these breeds.

The best thing you can do is insure your dogs with 3rd party liability insurance along with health insurance. I provided the places we wanted to stay with copies of my 3rd party liability policy and several places eventually said yes, but any damage was on my head.

Lo-and behold..Aidyn was the best behaved lil guy ever, and the owner fell in love with him and adopted a 6 year old boy the next year :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise never thought of that,i will look into it.My Vier&Oscar are so well behaved.Give them a good feed and there putty in your hands.In fact both of them are lying on my lap while im writing this.

·
Alpha
8,119 Posts
ive never had a problem in england ?? we have booked in a few places and never even been asked what type of dog ?? we are taking our 2 on a canal boat in wales in august.. but mind you ive never tried blackpool LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive never had a problem in england ?? we have booked in a few places and never even been asked what type of dog ?? we are taking our 2 on a canal boat in wales in august.. but mind you ive never tried blackpool LOL
That sounds like fun mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts