Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post this here just in case... Black and Tan Doberman Pinscher - Ears cropped, tail docked. LOVING! I emailed these folks asking some more questions about her, where she came from/is she spayed/training and such. Not sure what I could do for her besides spread the word. If worst came to worst, I might be able to foster until a home is found, but I'm not if these folks *really* want to get rid of her (as in asap), or are willing to wait. We shall see...Hope she finds a good home!

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners promptly responded! She isn't spayed, but is in heat now and they said they'll require the potential adopters to spay her. From what I can gather, it sounds like they are trying to do the best thing for her...I gave her to the link to that Obedience and Show workshop going on it Sac! Maybe she'll be able to connect and find a good home there.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I would send her links to reputable rescues that can screen homes and evaluate her dog. I'm not from CA so cannot provide such links.

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had a good email conversation with her. She said that she bought her from a woman who pretty much used her to pump puppies. Not sure all the details with regards to that, but the owner of this dobie has had them for about 30 years, was a vet tech and worked for a shelter. She "could" and would love to keep the girl, but she lives in an apartment and her job makes things difficult. She wants the dog to have a better life than she can give her. Thankfully, she isn't desperate to rehome so hopefully won't make rash decisions.

I gave her a list of rescues in CA, and also pointed her to that Doberman event going on in Sacramento...although I found out she won't be able to go, she is interested in future events. Since the ad was flagged, here it is:

" I have had to make a heart-wrenching decision to rehome my Doberman Pinscher. There is a reasonable adoption fee asked, which is lower than one quarter of what it costs to purchase a Doberman with tail and ears cropped. I am only asking this to ensure that she gets a great home. It is absolutely non-negotiable.

UTD on shots

UTD on vet check

Not spayed but new owner will have to spay as part of the agreement

Trained basic obedience in German and English

House-trained

Good with a family atmosphere.

She needs a home where she can be indoors when you're home and outdoors while you're gone. We are in an apt. She is really unhappy here.

Black and tan.

Tail Cropped.

Ears Docked (one stands).

$250 adoption fee. AKC registration is NOT OFFERED. The ADOPTION FEE is asked to assure a great home. All inquiries will be reasonably screened. Adopter will need to spay this dog as part of the agreement, within a reasonable amount of time. Within six months from adoption date.

You can view her photos at Flickr: FocusedOnLove's Photostream She will come with her SWEATER as pictured. "

I think the girl is gorgeous, and wish I could take her or knew someone who could. From my interaction, I think the woman is really trying to do right by her dog. I just hope the girl can find a good home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts