Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the camera with me yesterday when i went to training which is always a plus!

Had a bash with Ruby on a bite jacket vs a sleeve.. in true form she took to it beautifully!!

What impressed me about this is these were taken maybe 5 mins after introducing it to her, she wasnt sure at first but once cottoned on to it was well away. There were a few moments when the pretend screaming from my helper turned real which only made me laugh but thankfully Rubys "out" is fantastic and then will revert in to a hold and bark which is exactly what i want from her.

Cant ask any more of this dog!! love her so much.

And on to Merlin. (or lumpie as Von calls him) now 18 month old, maturing in to a fine beastie.

He has been mainly working on obedience so this was the first time he had been on a sleeve, bite pillows are a guilty pleasure for him to no surprises he loved this too! His bite is phenomenal, always full and strong, his main problem is "out" i never taught it as i was told to teach a calm strong bite first and now Merlin is reluctant to give anything up.

Updated pics of him too.

and now on to the bum dog!

Most people will look at this picture and just see a dobe standing at a desk, however whats going on is far more exciting.

In the draw where Zara has her nose is about 5g of pseudo cocaine, she was introduced to the room, set about on a free search to give the room a once over then directed around to search the room. Coming up to the desk she walked past it, then doubled back and started searching high and low to identify the source of the smell. She will then wait, indicating with her nose, pointing for me as her handler to search that area. To her its one big game and she is searching for a ball!
I dont know of many other dobes (in the UK for sure) who do this kind of work.
Zara took about 5 sessions to have a reliable indication, she will search rooms, hedgerows, barns, stables and has been to a nightclub in her training.
All of this would not be possible without the continued patience of my trainer and his fantastic training.
I am hoping by mid this year to have her certified and putting this skill to use.
The best part of all of this is she enjoys it, she comes back tired and happy. A true working dog, Love my bumdog!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Very nice pics! Very jealous of Zara. Kyrah loves to search for things I hide for her. When we search for a stuffie or glove she loves it. When we go to the school and daddy hides. When I say "find daddy" she lights up! Wish there was a way here for me to take her to a higher leve.

ETA: Typo

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wonderful dogs! They are all beautiful, they sound like so much fun!

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts