Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
to me it sounds like you have a potentially, very good working dog, this play fighting is prey drive, I dont know if working him is what you want to do with him but if you dont he will do what he has to, to work his aggression out, I would start some rag work with him and do some mild bite work with him as well, to some this sounds crazy to teach a dog to bite but we must remember these are the only dogs that were Bred for the purpose of personal protection and even though many AKC show prancing breeders are trying to breed any working ability out of them sometimes Good Dobermans are still being born with that drive to work, I would really embrace his natural abilities and start some obedience and see what this little guy can do, he may impress you someday.

· Registered
33 Posts
I agree with those other comments too, You really should get him in Obediance and start finding a trainer, it is very hard to train without the right equipment plus you will have so much fun I guarentee you will get addicted to this especially if he shows real promise. there is nothing more exciting than seeing YOUR dog out there really working, you can watch a Doberman in SCH but until it is your dog there is no comparison. I dont compete with my Boy but I did train for Warehouse security and it is exciting to see a dog work but the feeling you get when YOUR personal dog is doing it is amazing you truely feel like you have accomplished something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.