Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really get pics during bite work cause my camera doesnt do great action shots, but Scott tried to take some on Saturday...this is what we came out with. Any camera suggestions would be great!!! We need a new one anyway.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great shots! Wish they were closer up but looks like he is getting right in there with it.

Not sure what you are looking for in a camera but I got one that takes really great pics but it is not as convenient in size as the one my granddaughter broke. I got the Fujifilm FinePix S5200 and I love it though I do miss be able to drop one into my pocket, this one I just have to carry around my neck. I do love the zoom on it though and I guess all the good qualities outweigh the convenient sizing. Price was around $235 best I can remember after I searched it out online, sells for much higher in some places.

Here is a site that tells about it. http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/S5200/S52A.HTM

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it take good action shots though? Thats kind of my big thing in my next camera. We had 2 sonys...and neither of them took good pictures in motion. They take great still photos, but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well I am not that good myself with the camera, but the link I provided may tell you more, from what I read it has a high speed setting, etc. Here is another link:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/co...200-Digital-Camera-Review-/Design--Layout.htm

It has a lot of different things you can do with it, by changing the settings. I still have a lot to learn with it, which I haven't yet. So I haven't learned to take action shots, doesn't mean it doesn't do great actions shots, means I am inadaquate LOL, so I really don't know what to tell you about it. Look over both reviews and maybe you can find something on it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The Fujifilm FinePix S5200 can also record still images in Continuous mode, at up to about two frames per second, according to our tests. Top 3-frame mode saves the first three images, and Final 3-frame saves the last three images in the buffer. Long-period Continuous Shooting mode can handle up to 40 frames before the buffer is filled, but it takes a little longer between shots, at a speed of 1.25 frames per second.

Not trying to talk you into it, you do the research and maybe find out more than I can tell you, I just know I like it a lot other than the convenience of sizing and it is not huge by any means, just won't fit into my pocket. :)

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
nice pics Amanda! You can see Rommel like it.

I have a fuji finepix 5500 and I think this camera have it all, I think he is almost the same as Dakari's one, but I think there is no much different between those two.

I think its a nice camera, worth his price. We wants to go for the canon first, but we found out this one was very compleet.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great pics!!!! Look at Rommel at work, very cool! My DH got me a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 last Christmas and I LOVE it!! The pics it takes are amazing, both still and motion. It has many settings for light and shutter speeds, depending on what it needed.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have the Fuji Finepix 2650. I think it's an older model. I love the zoom on it, but unless I'm doing something wrong, action shots come out a blur and you can't take picture after picture. There is to long of a time space between taking the next picture.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hero's Mom said:
BIB what kind of camera do you have? Those pictures look really good. What kind of question do you have about camera's?
Just suggestions on great camera's, or sucky ones to not look at.

I have a sony cybershot right now.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those are great. Look at him out there working. Good luck with the camera search. I hate looking for those types of things.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I love taking pictures.

I have a Canon G6 and love it. I have pictures in the gallery of my labs that I took with that .

A lab friend has a Nikon D50. Awesome camera but pricey. The pictures look like you could touch the dog they look so real.
Her website is
www.buckcreeklabs.com if you wanted to look at her pictures. I also know someone that has a Panasonic FZ 30 12x optical zoom and excellent image stablitization. Her picture are nice but nothing like Buckcreek's picks. Good luck in your search.
BackInBlack said:
Just suggestions on great camera's, or sucky ones to not look at.

I have a sony cybershot right now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Go with Canon - they are a forerunner in digital technology and glass. Maybe an Elf or Sureshot 5.0 megapixel or larger.

I use a Canon 10D, but I have to severely downgrade the shots for the internet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I shoot a lot of action and I use a Canon Rebel XT. Shooting good action has everything to do with shutterspeed. A dSLR (such as the Canon Rebel series and the Nikon D50, etc) is a manual camera with interchangeable lenses (they do have automatic settings, though), what you see through the viewfinder is what the camera lens is seeing. SLRs have all the settings available at the touch of a button or the movement of a dial, instead of having to go through menu after menu like on point and shoots. They allow you to fully customize a shot and manually set things like white balance, ISO speed, shutterspeed, and aperture.

ISO speed is how sensitive the sensor (the thing that takes the picture) is to light. This means that in lower light situations you can use a faster shutterspeed, but it also makes pictures noisey. Shutter speed is pretty self-explanatory, and aperture is how wide the shutter is (the wider it is, the more light it is letting in meaning the faster the shutter can be).

Here are some pictures I took at a ScHH trial with my camera and a 70-300mm zoom: http://pics.livejournal.com/tenna/gallery/0001p9zy?page=2 (click the images to view the fullsize pictures)

dSLRs are expensive, and learning how to use the manual settings can be frustrating, especially if you don't want to learn how to do it (and what's the point of getting a dSLR when you're going to shoot all automatic?) Also, buying lenses is addicting and they're expensive too, especially since the kit lenses that come with the camera generally suck. But they can make taking pictures VERY rewarding.

ANYWAY. Lovely pictures! Looks like loads of fun!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank You so much everyone for the advice. HM- I love the picture of the lab with the pink flowers :D

Pippen-Those are some VERY nice pics. But I think your right, no sense in getting a manual camera when all I would really want to use is the auto mode.

I am going to look into the Canon Cameras more, I have always heard that they are great cameras but never owned one. Like les strat said, maybe an elf, or something comparable. I really want to stay somewhere in the $400-$500 range.

Thanks again everyone for the camera advice though :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Thank You so much everyone for the advice. HM- I love the picture of the lab with the pink flowers :D

Pippen-Those are some VERY nice pics. But I think your right, no sense in getting a manual camera when all I would really want to use is the auto mode.

I am going to look into the Canon Cameras more, I have always heard that they are great cameras but never owned one. Like les strat said, maybe an elf, or something comparable. I really want to stay somewhere in the $400-$500 range.

Thanks again everyone for the camera advice though :D
hey, just an ignorant question here, but what is the purpose of bite training? Is he a police or personal protection dog?

·
Banned
675 Posts
I have a Canon PowerShot S2 IS, it's a point and shoot. I would have liked an SLR like the Rebel, but it cost twice as much as the one I got. I didn't want to pay more than $500, and that's what my camera cost. I got so confused looking at all the cameras people were recommending that when I came across this one and it seemed to do everything I wanted, I ran it by a "camera person" I know and she liked it so I went out and got it before I read any more and got even more confused.

On the whole I like it. It has a good zoom so I can take pictures from quite a ways away and then crop them to what I want. It has good picture clarity, it will take short videos as well as still pictures, too.

What I don't like about it is the shutter delay, which I've heard that all digital cameras have which makes it hard to take action shots. But there is a way to get around that by shooting in "continuous" mode.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts