Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I couldn't figure where to put this one...So mods if you want to move it elsewhere, that's ok.

Does anyone know where you can purchase decent bitch's pants to fit a Dobe?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Amy got her panties 10 years ago, locally - worked out well, fastened with velcro.
I believe my wife got them at Petsmart / always a pair in the washer-dryer.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Amy got her panties 10 years ago, locally - worked out well, fastened with velcro.
My wife got them at Petsmart - always a pair in the washer/dryer.
She would even leave them on, when I went to work.
But - she liked to give them a nose poke, when on the bed at night...and I had to fasten up a loose strap...lol.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with Stormy when we had to take her camping.

Would these have enough area to put in something absorbent enough for urine/pee?

I was trying all those boy short out there, with pads and tried diapers etc.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with Stormy when we had to take her camping.

Would these have enough area to put in something absorbent enough for urine/pee?

I was trying all those boy short out there, with pads and tried diapers etc.
You could probably get a depends in there. I put a big maxi pad in for Flirt. They also make custom sizes and it used to be fore the same price. I'd shoot them an email. They've been really helpful for me. They also make them for my Vizslas.

Reactions: Sherryh and EmilyB

·
Banned
3,981 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Are their prices reasonable?

I found thongs for Dobermans. They charge $30 plus $10 for delivery... geezzzz... that's not a dog coat!

I bought 2 for $25 in Petsmart... but fit is not perfect for Dobermans.
Here is the thread if you need more info:
http://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-corner/57009-asha-modeling-cover-ups-female-heat.html
It's been 4 yrs since I bought them. I think it was about $25 plus $3.00 shipping? They last a LONG time. I still have the ones I bought in 98 from them. And she custom made ones for Flirt at no extra price. They do work way better than anything from Petsmart.

This lady here custom made me a belly band for my male Vizsla. The first one didn't turn out right and she made another one for free. I love the fleec material. I have no idea how her britches fit

SpoiledBratzwear on Artfire.com

Her customer service and belly bands were excellent and I like the soft fleece so it doesn't rub on the thighs/flank.

Reactions: DreamValley

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
It's been 4 yrs since I bought them. I think it was about $25 plus $3.00 shipping? They last a LONG time. I still have the ones I bought in 98 from them. .
Yeah, that's about what I paid the last time I bought a pair. And there's no comparison between them and the piece of crap denim pair I had to buy in Petsmart one time when we were out of town when Razzle went into season-those cost just as much as the quality Sunnyhills pants.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I had a prompt reply about my dogs age, anatomy, etc. Very good service forthcoming I would think. :)

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
I liked the thong that Asha eventually got from here:

Pants for Dogs ::: Thongs :: Regular & Bikini

We got black thongs for Asha today. They are fabulous!
My girl doesn't mind to wear them at all and pads fit perfectly.

I bought Surfcity Beachwear for Jill (Kelpie) but she custom fit them for her since kelpies have a low tailset:

Panty Lines

I had already ordered these when I saw Asha modeling her thong - I would get the thong in a heartbeat for a dobe.

And thanks to Adara et al about using Chlorophyll - green poos are hard to find in the grass, but otherwise, having males with no interest in a bitch in heat and not having to make her wear pants in the house (my males are always neutered - so far) was terrific. I had no problems taking her to agility class - intact males ignored her - wow!! And it isn't because she is a quiet reclusive sort of bitch - she is labelled the wild woman by many.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I got some originally for Stormy (with hot chili's on them!), but it is Priscilla who has the leakage problem I guess. Stormy was just marking as a result.

They sure fit well,(there is a good range with the velcro, so they would fit either dog) but any ideas as to how to keep them on when the dog keeps going "upside" and eventually wiggles out of them?

Someone on another forum mentioned suspenders but I can't quite come up with a visualization.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts