Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Black Bart's Doc Holliday

Black Bart's Pistol Pete

These are the two black boys. The pictures were taken before the crop at 8 weeks.

Here are the rest of the litter at 9 weeks:

Black Bart's Wyatt Earp

Black Bart's Billy The Kid

Black Bart's Annie Oakly

Black Bart's Clamity Jane

Black Bart's Poker Alice

Black Bart's Della Rose

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Black Bart's Billy The Kid got hit the worst with some form of gardia or something of which panicur cured it. So he is a bit thin.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You

This litter has been a lot of work. I don't remember it being so hard to do a litter before like this. I am tired!

The two black boys went to show homes. That is why I do not have a 9 week old picture to put up.

The red girl went to a pet home who may show. Black Bart's Della Rose

I am keeping Black Bart's Wyatt Earp, a red male, and Black Bart's Annie Oakly, a black bitch.

So I have three now looking for homes. I'd prefer show homes; but, it is not fair to hold on to them too long while they don't have their one on one person.

They are having a lot of fun here at my home. But, they would be better off with a one on one to look after them. I have to consider what's good for the dogs first.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Very nice puppies!

Jan

Reactions: Dobies 71

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Nice babies. Congrats!

Reactions: Dobies 71

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I thought you were keeping the other red male. What changed?

Saw your ad in DD. It was a super nice ad.
Oh with a sad heart I part with Billy The Kid. He is a sensitive guy and so intellegent.

But the other has a bit more bone. He is nice too. But its true that Billy has more of the working quality. I can't keep both.

Today, someone who does hospital therapy work is suppose to come and see Billy. But she has been on and off about a puppy, so we shall see.

I really don't like breeding dogs. That is why I haven't done it in so long. It is too much work. But unfortunately, that is the only way that one can get to pick through the litter. Other breeders do not sell the picks. But then the picks are so hard to pick between.

Thanks about the ad in DD. But I'm not so sure that ads in the magazines make any difference. People look at them for about 3 seconds. I've done many now, and have found that they really are not worth the money.

That is every breeder's dilemma I guess. Billy is the best in his sense of self in this entire litter. But he is also a tempermental baby. I think because I have already spoiled him. He talks to you; and, when he asks, he gets. So yes I have spoiled him already.

If he got that therapy dog home, I could let him go because he'd be happy.

Right now I am taking care of 5 which is better than 8. So each one needs a one on one for their sake. So it is sort of in God's hands right now.

Yes, I dearly love Billy. But I must let go of 3.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks about the ad. I don't think they are worth the effort or expense anymore. I've done many now and found that they really don't make much difference. People look at them for about 3 seconds and that's it.

Sorry computer keeps jumping around. I wrote the same thing above in the last post.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
why don't you post over on the Yahoo Dobeagility list? Such announcements are acceptable over there. That would really target the agility and working crowd.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Very nice puppys. I really like Clamity Jane.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clamity Jane is the second pick bitch. She is a slight bit longer than Annie Oakly. She is a copy of Annie but has more bone.

Annie Oakly just jumps out at you within the litter. But the other girls do have more bone. So its really that same old delemma again.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The gal that came to look for a therapy dog really has her heart set on a black male. So she came, she saw, and she left.

I really don't care. Because in dogs I don't care what color they are...it really seems petty. I go for what's there. If the quality is right, and the pedigree matches what I want, then I grab it and go.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Annie is the one! Sometimes I think people get carried away with that heavy bone thing. The overall dog is more important than one aspect and it is a medium sized,square,compact breed.
You are correct. Annie is put together perfect. When people come and look at the litter, even the pet people, see her, and want her. She stands out. She is cute as a button but the smallest of the bitches.

Size in my opinion means nothing. It is the quality of what is there. That's why I find it punitive to only want one color. I don't care what the color is, its in what's there.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts