Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Rush to watch my son play paintball today. Asbwebwere walking from playing field I'm not sure if he got excited because a squirrel ran past or the new noises scared him but he pulled hard on leash and he broke loose. He started to run away until I yelled Rush. I don't think I ever yelled so loud. My heart just stopped. rush turned and stopped looked at me. I wiggle my hand and he trotted back and gave it a nose poke. We have been training him to nose poke our hand to return when called. Never been so glad we have been doing this.

After this scare I discovered that I latched his leash onto is ID tag instead of the collar. What a bonehead move on my part.

I am so proud of Rush that he returned to me . He didn't get a treat just a big hug!! They off to pet store for some treats.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Good boy, Rush!

I took Dreizehn into the city (to the capital) for a photoshoot. We parked nearby and got out and my leash felt REALLY light. The clasp had failed and had let Dreizehn go. I PANICKED until I turned around and saw that he was standing no more than two feet behind me. Still, for the two seconds that I thought he was gone I was so afraid. We were in the middle of a busy city, it could have been so bad. So, that being said, I completely understand how you were feeling.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
glad everything is alright, I am still working with Odin and his distractions. His recall is really good except for when he see's something threatening to him, then he doesn't hear me. Other than that I have trained him enough the be pretty good off leash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts