Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 10lb poodle that's 9 years old and now a dobie that's 5 months. Our dobie wants to play but is too rough( jumps over our poodle!) and our poodle runs for cover(not interested in playing at all). Right now, the dobie has limited freedom in the house(no carpeted area) and our poodle has full run of the house and can escape. Will they ever "get along"? Our poodle shows some defense in bearing teeth and growling but she thinks he's playing. Is that ok?
Thanks for your help. We met other paired dogs like ours before we got our dobe, and they actually liked each other- is there anything we can do to encourage a friendship?

· Registered
392 Posts
I have the same answer as I gave the person with the Yorkie except your poodle is about the size of my Shih Tzu x Maltese. When I got Kris, my Dobe, she was eleven weeks old. She played way to rough with my dogs, grabbing them by the tail and dragging them around. I separated them and did not let her loose with them until she learned some manners. My male Shih Tzu x Maltese was the best teacher, he would really get mad at Kris when she hit him with her feet and he would growl and her and snap and she would lie down on her side until he let her up. She has gradually gotten better but I still have to watch her with some of my dogs even though she is just trying to play with them.

MAH01334 - YouTube This is Kris with Kiska who is 7 lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.