Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to share some pictures of Bodhi taken on his first birthday. Wish they were better pictures, but I had forgotten my camera lens was on Scenic Mode and all the photos were blurry and grainy. But you all saw him the day we brought him home and I wanted to share with you how was was maturing. He will be going into a couple shows week after next -
his first! He is also doing exceptional in Nose work.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Wanted to share some pictures of Bodhi taken on his first birthday. Wish they were better pictures, but I had forgotten my camera lens was on Scenic Mode and all the photos were blurry and grainy. But you all saw him the day we brought him home and I wanted to share with you how was was maturing. He will be going into a couple shows week after next -
his first! He is also doing exceptional in Nose work.
He's looking good Bonnie. Are you guys practicing stacking with him--send me pictures and I'll critique for you. He's a handsome dog and you can see he's got some nice muscle for a year old male--just check out the hindquarters in that one shot.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,518 Posts
Happy birthday Bodhi!

Reactions: Cressrb

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.
John ~ no Montana trip this year? Someday, someday we are going to have to meet up there.
Thanks Bug, yes my daughter is working with him and he is so easy to stack. The problem is us. Since he will be in 12 -18 month class I told MB to not worry so much about perfect stack, but let that personality come through, because he has a lot of charisma and I would rather make sure he enjoyed the show than be stressed he wasn't pleasing his mistress. There will be a lot more shows and I just want him to like the whole show scene. For sure will get some pictures of him stacked and will appreciate the critique. I may even try to send a video clip of him moving.... maybe.
Yeah Ken, I wonder where the year went. What a milestone, like, we survived. Surely it has to get better. He is a challenge for us. In fact after puppy tending him every day I am retracting a statement I made about raising another in the future. Not sure if my bones could take it much longer.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Thanks everyone.
John ~ no Montana trip this year? Someday, someday we are going to have to meet up there.
Thanks Bug, yes my daughter is working with him and he is so easy to stack. The problem is us. Since he will be in 12 -18 month class I told MB to not worry so much about perfect stack, but let that personality come through, because he has a lot of charisma and I would rather make sure he enjoyed the show than be stressed he wasn't pleasing his mistress. There will be a lot more shows and I just want him to like the whole show scene. For sure will get some pictures of him stacked and will appreciate the critique. I may even try to send a video clip of him moving.... maybe.
Yeah Ken, I wonder where the year went. What a milestone, like, we survived. Surely it has to get better. He is a challenge for us. In fact after puppy tending him every day I am retracting a statement I made about raising another in the future. Not sure if my bones could take it much longer.
Hi Bonnie,

Yeah I agree with making sure that Bohdi has a good time going into his first show and while 12-18 is a pretty tough class at any time I think that there are lot of nice dogs who missed most of their normal time in puppy classes because of the lack of shows. And they'll all be showing up now.

I saw this kind of thing when Aussie's first made it out of Miscellaneous--the classes were full of really nice ASCA champions so for a couple of years it was hard to come in with a young dog and beat those adult with full coats and ring experience.

And I also saw results from a very recent show where a dog who hadn't been shown since the National last year--he was in 6-9 Puppy (always a big class and placed well there but then there were no more shows) and he picked up both his majors. Nice dog from the National picture but immature but the basic bone structure was there. I think that's going to happen a fair amount.

So making sure that he likes going to shows and going in the ring so that he shows himself is always a good idea.

I think we've got a show (delayed Puget Sound DPC) set for September--this'll be the first Specialty in this area since Rose City in January I think. Our summer specialty got cancelled and Puget Sound got put on hold--we're still kind of holding our breath and waiting to see if it really happens.

dobebug

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx Dobegal. Cake will have to be a cinnamon roll up at the cabin with one candle on it. I'll see if I can capture it before it disappears in one gulp.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very funny, Mel. I understand though. Just say the word, 'Cinnamon Roll' and I am ready.

·
Super Moderator
21,134 Posts
Happy birthday! Time really flies!

·
joie de vivre
11,197 Posts
Happy 1st Birthday, Bodhi!!!

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,506 Posts
Happy birthday!! He is a handsome devil. How on earth is he already a year old?!

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,577 Posts
I haven't been on DT for a while. Happy Belated 1st Birthday Bodhi! 🎂

I can't believe he's a year old already!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts