Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**I am NOT looking to buy from this greeder**

I was on Facebook and the ad on the side was for this website, I clicked because I was curious and found this sad situation. My searching skills are not that great so I apologize if this BYB has been discussed before. I just wanted there to be a thread that came up in a search if anyone was looking because this really is just sad. I don't even understand the name.

Big and Small Puppy Pets: Big and Small Puppy...

They have so many puppies right now... They are in Texas. Only CKC registered, and most of the dogs were given to them by other people who I'm sure got them from BYBs.

Here is a link to their Facebook page as well
https://www.facebook.com/BigandSmallPuppyPets?sk=timeline

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Under Past Clients on their site has the largest collection of not so nice ear crops in many styles! :pain:

·
Got mutt?
13,826 Posts
I'm sure it's one of those "insert what you're selling here" sites, but still, puppies as "merchandise", and searchable by price? I didn't make it any further than that. Too queasy.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
That's horrible. I'm not sure if posting the link was a good idea, though. I can just picture all the people that are going to click it that aren't members of DT. :-(

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,522 Posts
Whoa- This quote off the site pretty much epitomizes the definition of a puppy mill!

"Here at Big and Small Puppy Pets we try to keep a litter on the ground so there is little to no waiting on your part." :eek2:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I can hardly believe that so many of their dogs are rehomes from people who couldn't care for them. What a disgusting breeding program.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Oh my... did anyone else notice their Puppy Questionaire, below the links where you can add a deposit or Air Cargo shipping to cart and make a payment through PayPal? What a JOKE of a questionaire... First Question: "Have you ever owned a BULLY breed before?" :roflmao: I guess they ask that because they think Dobermans do a lot of bullying.

·
Got mutt?
13,826 Posts
I didn't look past "make a deposit".

·
Riley's Mom
527 Posts
Sorry to necro/bump this post, but I felt I had to share.

This is the person I first spoke with about puppies, back before I understood the differences between the good, the bad, and the ugly breeders. I found her on a different puppy breeding website, and hadn't seen all the bad stuff yet. I did NOT buy from her - but I almost did! It's painful to say that, even...

I did tons and tons of research on her after I stupidly sent her the deposit money. Some of the photos I found of her dogs on other websites and older ads made me sick. Some of the dogs looked ill, malnourished, emaciated, etc., and it was making me so sick that I wanted to call up the ASPCA investigators.

The way she handles selling puppies is scary. I've never seen anything like it. Her exact words to me back when I spoke with her was "Go to this website - _____ and it's as simple as placing an order for the puppy you want!" no questions, no waiting, no information on the parents, nothing.

The reason I didn't stop right then, was because I sent her so much information about myself and my intentions for the puppy, my knowledge of how to raise him, etc., that I figured she simply thought I knew enough and had nothing left to ask, so she was willing to sell me one.

Had I known everything I know now, that never would have happened. Once I saw her real website, the FB page, other ads, her poor articles and misinformation, etc., I did a complete 180 and demanded my money back or else I would call someone. Nothing was "signed" so she had no grounds. I got most of my money back, luckily, but still waiting on some of it.

This lady is horrible. I can't wait to be done with her. The fact that she "rescues" dogs in bad situations just to put them into worse situations sickens me. She also goes on trips out of state with a bunch of puppies and tells her FB fans to tell her if they want any puppies, which to bring up with her. No questions asked. Part of me will always feel guilty and sad for the one puppy of hers that I denied... because I feel like I am condemning him to a bad life, but I know that supporting her would have just been worse, and that dog would have been a constant reminder.

On the brighter side of the story, had I not met her, I probably never would have known about how bad things can be, and what makes a good breeder. I also wouldn't have gone searching for a good breeder who actually gives a f*ck about their dogs, and I wouldn't have met my good baby, Riley, and learned so much more.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
And yet we have current DT members who see nothing wrong with defending or even promoting sites like that. The claim to fame is that the temperaments are good. They refuse to acknowledge that these byb/greeders do such a disservice to the breed.

Disgusting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh my.. SO sad, I clicked on a puppy picture and just felt empty when I saw the "add to cart" button.. What is she Amazonpuppy.com! Yuck I just feel gutted and sick for those poor mail-order pups.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
I counted 6 different litter photo albums on her facebook album page in 2012, and one of the pairs had photos from a 2011 litter .. how much is this person breeding?? She is going to overpopulate the shelters in less than a year! How can you have 6 litters in 2012 when the year is only half over, thats like... one litter a month!! Horrible!! and I thought Kerwin bred alot, I think this woman has gone over even him.

Reactions: Ruthie
1 - 20 of 22 Posts