Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Sorry for asking so dumb a question (if it turns out to be dumb) but I am getting terribly confused.

The training club my friend and I have been going to have told us that within the BH test there is a thing called 'VORAUS' (where you send the dog away in a straight line from you, sorry if I am explaining the obvious to you guys). However, on reading up on the internet and watching no end of folk doing BH on You Tube we cannot find where this particular movement appears. Is my friend being trained for a different type of BH test, different that is to say what you guys do in the US? I would have thought it was a standard test.

Hope you guys can advise me on this because I am getting confused,.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Hi guys,
Sorry for asking so dumb a question (if it turns out to be dumb) but I am getting terribly confused.

The training club my friend and I have been going to have told us that within the BH test there is a thing called 'VORAUS' (where you send the dog away in a straight line from you, sorry if I am explaining the obvious to you guys). However, on reading up on the internet and watching no end of folk doing BH on You Tube we cannot find where this particular movement appears. Is my friend being trained for a different type of BH test, different that is to say what you guys do in the US? I would have thought it was a standard test.

Hope you guys can advise me on this because I am getting confused,.
There is no send away in the BH.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
So what the heck is the trainer talking about? He is insistent my friends dog learn it for his BH test. I honestly am beginning to think this guy is as confused as he is making us.

Thanks for the reply by the way.
I have no idea, but you wouldn't need a send away until your SchH 1. Maybe he wants you to train ahead? Some people wait until they are ready for their 1 before they do the BH.

Reactions: Toby'shuman

·
Registered
198 Posts
Like Incredibledobe said, you don't need a send out yet. If you're getting confused on the pattern or order of tests, check out this link

BH Rules

It also has a visual pattern if that would help you remember it! GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts