Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have the opportunity to review "rejuv-a-wafers" by (Sun Chlorella USA), which apparently contain beta carotene, Chlorella, and euleuthero. While I'm totally a fan of people giving me free stuff, I'm a little leery of giving Elka random supplements that an Internet company is hawking, without knowing what exactly is supposed to be going on. I'm sure (or I hope) that these kinds of things are harmless should she not require them, but I've never heard of them (well, other than beta carotene) and thought I would consult my trusted Internet people first :lol2:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The company's been around for a while, and I have used their chlorella to gut load food animals for aquarium fishes... makes for better color.

There is evidence that dogs are able to metabolize beta carotenes (unlike some other carnivores), but I don't know of any evidence that doing so has benefit. I would not expect harm.

Siberian ginseng, though, I would NOT choose to use for an extended period or without specific medical reason. Also, much of the commercially available Siberian ginseng is of questionable purity and potentially may contain adulterants.

I cannot find anything about the potency of this product, or the source of the Siberian ginseng. I would probably take a pass...

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The company's been around for a while, and I have used their chlorella to gut load food animals for aquarium fishes... makes for better color.

There is evidence that dogs are able to metabolize beta carotenes (unlike some other carnivores), but I don't know of any evidence that doing so has benefit. I would not expect harm.

Siberian ginseng, though, I would NOT choose to use for an extended period or without specific medical reason. Also, much of the commercially available Siberian ginseng is of questionable purity and potentially may contain adulterants.

I cannot find anything about the potency of this product, or the source of the Siberian ginseng. I would probably take a pass...
Since I could find pretty much zero about this product, I was weirded out and pretty much already thinking about saying no.

Thanks very much for the input! They list the Siberian ginseng as an "energy supplement", which makes sense, but I don't...uh...want to supplement my dog's energy. She's a nutjob on her own, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts