Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in from our morning walk and have to say that it was just the best walk ever. The weather is wonderful, which is great since it's been very windy and cold and raining for the past week. Chi hasn't been out for a walk in days because of the weather, so this walk was badly needed. I took her on my 5k hilly jogging route and we ran/walked but stopped at a few road blocks for some low jumping. She so loves to jump! One of the road blocks is in front of billeting (kind of like an Air Force hotel). We've stopped at this place before to play and today, just like last time as we finished, I noticed we had an audience of Japanese maids watching and applauding her! Periodically throughout the walk, we trained. Today, for the first time, I really concentrated on "finish". I'm happy to report by the third time, I recalled her from a 6ft sit/stay, she came sat, I said "finish" and she promptly got up, walked around behind me to my left side and sat. It was a sloppy sit and we corrected it, but I was so thrilled. She's such a smart girl. She's also dropping at a 6 foot distance now with just a hand signal! :)
Then we stopped at the playground. She loves running up the stairs, through the tunnel and then down the slide! I swear she enjoys the playground more than most kids I know LOL.
I had planned on tossing the frisbee for her when we got home but after the long walk/jog and all the play, she's pooped LOL
A tired dobe is a happy dobe! :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow---what a great day you both must have had! I love it when Dar does one of those things I just want to brag about, and then I notice that someone was watching! Makes ya feel darn proud, dont it? Great job!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Aww good job! Yeah Duchess and I haven't been for a walk in awhile...we usually just play in the yard together...with some of her favorite toys that she plays massive keep away with. lol I need to find a good spot to walk...not just around the block anymore...that gets soo boring :( I need to almost drive somewhere and then walk around...explore! Sounds like you had a great day!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Chi is one special dobie. Sounds like it was a great day for all. Keep up on all that hard work.....Even though it sounds like more fun than work...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh, what a clever girl!

Now you know what happens, whenever you tell someone that your dog/child/partner is mind boggling wonderful, the following day is a complete horror. :tongue23: Happens every time! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts