Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone,

i live in england and was thinking in visiting germany to get a doberman next holidays ? heard hungaria is also a good place for dobes

i wanna get the best as possible, a european doberman! just because i like the darker coat and the thicker bigger body, but im very affectionate with my dogs(not so much with male humans ;) .. i also heard that depend on which area of europe the dobe is from they might have changed the temp ??

whats your thought on this guys

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi, there are lots of good breeders in the UK and a lot of them have 'euro' in them, some have darker markings and smaller markings than others and some of them are a little bit bigger boned than others. Have you had a look at any UK breeders? It might be worth you going along to a show and seeing them in person. Here are some good UK breeders to have a look at.

Jojavik
Aritaur
Sharhyste
Mianna

Here is a link to a list of breeders:
Dobermann Breeders - Champdogs ®

It isn't always up to date so if you like the look of some of the dogs I would recommend contacting them and finding out more information.

Some people do choose to import puppies but it is probably a good idea to meet some well bred UK dobermanns so you can see for yourself what they are actually like.

Just make sure whichever breeder you choose (uk or overseas) does all the health testing needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not one from england? I've seen some dogs from there that made me swoon!

well i've been searching for one in the uk but i want a cropped ears, yes its only looks but is the looks that i love since a little boy and if i can get cropped ears i will, and if i have to go out the uk for that i might as well try and find the best of the bests :) thank you ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, there are lots of good breeders in the UK and a lot of them have 'euro' in them, some have darker markings and smaller markings than others and some of them are a little bit bigger boned than others. Have you had a look at any UK breeders? It might be worth you going along to a show and seeing them in person. Here are some good UK breeders to have a look at.

Jojavik
Aritaur
Sharhyste
Mianna

Here is a link to a list of breeders:
Dobermann Breeders - Champdogs ®

It isn't always up to date so if you like the look of some of the dogs I would recommend contacting them and finding out more information.

Some people do choose to import puppies but it is probably a good idea to meet some well bred UK dobermanns so you can see for yourself what they are actually like.

Just make sure whichever breeder you choose (uk or overseas) does all the health testing needed.

thank you this is very helpful, i want to find shows that i can go to at south west ??, hopefully i will then meet and get to see the breeders and the champs , however a cropped puppy is a must for me , its like wanting a girlfriend but ended you with a lady boy hahahah the whole story about doberman is what attracted me to it but also the looks

if you know of any places please let me know

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ah I didnt realise you wanted the ears cropped. I have seen some cropped european dobes that caught my eye but I havent really looked into them a lot so i dont know what health testing they do. There is a member on here called Iceman, he might be able to point you in the direction of some reputable breeders in Europe.

There are lots of websites listing UK open and championship shows. Try googling higham press, fosse data or just type in dog shows uk 2015.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah I didnt realise you wanted the ears cropped. I have seen some cropped european dobes that caught my eye but I havent really looked into them a lot so i dont know what health testing they do. There is a member on here called Iceman, he might be able to point you in the direction of some reputable breeders in Europe.

There are lots of websites listing UK open and championship shows. Try googling higham press, fosse data or just type in dog shows uk 2015.

thanks Kaela i will search for the names listed , really want to go watch a show =]

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,949 Posts
Just be aware that in a goodly chunk of the continent, docking and cropping have been banned. The few countries where it is still legal tend to have large, commercial kennels that breed and export large numbers of pups/dogs with very little health testing behind them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts