Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dobe LOVES squeaky toys. If she doesn't have something to chew on, she'll chew on me (lol). We've tried the Tuffy brand and she ripped it to pieces, though it was only a lvl 8 on the "tuffnes" scale. (It did last longer than most toys I'll admit). The Sherpa Go Dog Plush Dragon was suggested to me by a friend whose dog can tear through the red brand of Kong. This toy lasted a maximum of 20 minutes before there was hole in it. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Best chew toy my girl just loves is an ugly green pair of Crocs. The rubber squeaks when she chews them and they are indestructible.

Second favorite is a JW squeaky ball.

Third favorite is a Cuz.

Fourth favorite is a Tuffy Megaring. (We've been thru probably 8 other Tuffy toys but this one is lasting longer.)

They love love the soft toys with squeakers but I know going into it that no matter the cost, be it $5 or $40, they will not last. It's crazy to spend $40 for a cute soft cuddly toy that I know they will rip to shreds just to see how fast they can get to the squeaky monster. I'd shoot my kid if he tore up toys like they do. With them I just kind of laugh, wait a bit and buy another one.

Taylor and "HER" Crocs

·
Registered
477 Posts
No toy is 100 percent chewproof or indestructible.

That said I love Kong products.

Bentley has 2 large black extreme kongs that he gets when we are away and they are filled with frozen wet food, kibble, treats and whatever else I put in them.

He too loves squeaky toys. I bought him the Kong Ballistic Bone back in March and it is still intact and his favorite stuffy squeaky chew toy:Ballistic Bone – - Kong

I bought him the ballistic ring and he shred that one to bits in a week. Thankfully I only buy KONG products when Petcetera has their 50 percent off all kong stuff every few months.

Just last week I purchased the Kong squeez stick and he loves it, squeaky rubber chew fun! So far it's still holding out and intact: Squeezz Stick – - Kong

·
Registered
182 Posts
My chewer has yet to damage any of the JW stuff that I've bought her. So far, the squeaky ball, arachnoid ball, holee roller, and good cuz have survived :) At four months old, she ripped through a Kong, so we decided to try JW and tg it worked

·
Registered
477 Posts
My chewer has yet to damage any of the JW stuff that I've bought her. So far, the squeaky ball, arachnoid ball, holee roller, and good cuz have survived :) At four months old, she ripped through a Kong, so we decided to try JW and tg it worked
Which KONG? A black extreme one? Those are the most durable of the kongs

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Toys that my doberman has yet to destroy...

1. Not just this one but all of these blue Orka Petstages toys

2. Kong products that are simply rubber (Kong "Wubbas" and the tennis-ball type toys have been destroyed)

3. These ToyShoppe tugs

4. Chuckit! balls

5. JW Hol-ee Roller

6. JW Cuz
*Note - my Icelandic Sheepdog has chewed up the feet of these things... they do make footless ones

7. Orbee Planet Dog balls - Dreizehn LOVES chewing on these and has yet to destroy one.
*Note - Some have raised words like "fetch" and "woof" and my Icelandic Sheepdog has managed to tear the letters off of them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
oh yes! forgot the chuckit ball! Bentley LOVES his!

I must check out the Orka products now. Been thinking about it, but wondered about their durability

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
oh yes! forgot the chuckit ball! Bentley LOVES his!

I must check out the Orka products now. Been thinking about it, but wondered about their durability
They're a little pricey but I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't love them. They have regular balls, some that are textured, and some toys that are shaped like different fruits.

They all bounce really well too :D

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Capone love his chuckit ball. Capone loves Derwin the Frog by JW. He loves the Good/Bad Cuz, but the only thing is that my boy chewed off the feet of them in little time as well as the horns of the bad cuz.

He has not destroyed his black extreme Kong. I am pretty interested in the Orka ball too. I would look on Doggy Loot or Barking Deals because I know I have seen that product on there before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We got the Orka squeaky ball (petsmart $11...they told me I could bring it back if she tore it up) around 2 weeks ago and it still squeaks AND it's does not have any chunks missing out of it yet and not from lack of trying. We are giving it a two thumbs up and a one nub up. Tons of squeaky fun...for one of us.:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for this thread guys! Our dobe completely demolishes anything she gets her paws on. If we buy her plush toys she has them in pieces usually in 5 mins. We tried giving her multiple kong toys but she wants nothing to do with them. We also tried giving her one of those treat dropping balls but she just would rather chew it into oblivion. Can't even give her bully sticks because they give her the squirts (poor thing). Does anyone have suggestions on how to get your pup to play with the kongs?

·
Steph & Leala
78 Posts
I buy Leala those tough rubber chuck it balls and put the 'replacement' sqeakers you can buy at the pet store in them. Works like a charm.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I got sent some of the new Kong squeaky toys...Kong Squeezz with Rope or some such. The "dumbell" one, Elka of course gnawed the rope apart, but the rubber squeaky part? She'll play with that, vigorously and at length, by herself. It's miraculous! I'm not convinced it's indestructible, but she's put some hours (supervised) on that thing and it's still squeaky and intact.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I buy Leala those tough rubber chuck it balls and put the 'replacement' sqeakers you can buy at the pet store in them. Works like a charm.
Wow!!! This is a great :idea: My boy has a green chuckit and he just loves it and I am sure he would love it even more if I did as you suggested!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for this thread guys! Our dobe completely demolishes anything she gets her paws on. If we buy her plush toys she has them in pieces usually in 5 mins. We tried giving her multiple kong toys but she wants nothing to do with them. We also tried giving her one of those treat dropping balls but she just would rather chew it into oblivion. Can't even give her bully sticks because they give her the squirts (poor thing). Does anyone have suggestions on how to get your pup to play with the kongs?
Bentley loves his Kong because he knows treats are hidden inside. First off I gave them to him with a bit of peanut butter, and kibble inside. I made sure he was hungry when he got it and that it was relatively easy for him to eat the contents. The I gradually added more things and tightly filled the Kong to make it harder. Now I freeze the kongs once they're filled for a more difficult challenge. Bentley gets a stuffed Kong every time we go away. I adjust his food accordingly of course.

Tomorrow's kong is freezing and it contains kibble, and canned rabbit, and canned tripe, a lobster treat and a bison treat. Today's had kibble, and canned pumpkin and canned tripe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jasper LOVES his Bento Ball. It's the only thing he hasn't been able to completely destroy, eventually. Sometimes we stick a nylabone through the hole and it's like a whole new toy. :)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I liked the Kong Bone, you can stuff the ends. I don't stuff it for Lexi, but I did for Oliver. He would pick it up and slam it to the ground to knock the stuffing out. Lexi just chews on it. "had" a JW Ho-kee Roller for Oliver and he loved it, I would put his rubber Chuck-it ball inside and he would work on it for hours. The delicate one (Lexi) chewed threw some of it and DH cut them off. She likes to chew on the rubber like Chuck-it balls. I make her stuffies, I don't stuff them with stuffing, I use the stuffie material. No squeakers!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts