Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Best Buddy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I was surfing the web today trying to find out info on my breeder and I happened to stumble on this site talking about her. Marcia from JKK Eurodobes. I was absolutely shocked to see the list of complaints, its nice to know I am not the only one out there that has dealt with her. My 6 1/2 old Doberman, Nikko, died 2 weeks ago today from Congestive Heart Failure. Its hard to even write these words. I am still in shock. He went into the hospital on Saturday with trouble breathing, they suspected it was his heart, he came home on Sunday, confirmed it was in fact his heart on Monday with an ultra sound. I Took him 2 hours up in Canada to a cardiologist on Tuesday to get him on the right treatments and keep him around as long as possible. They gave him six months. He died the next day at my mom's. Just stretched out on the living room rug in the sunshine and that was it. When I dropped him off at my mom's that morning I never thought for one second it would be the last time I saw him alive. I called to check on him 1/2 hour before he died and my mom said he seemed fine, just laying out in the gargare with my Dad, watching the day go by. I can't explain the emptiness and sadness and loss I feel. He was my best friend, the best part of everyday!. I'm so sad and lost. I was going to reach out to the breeder and just let her know, but now after reading about her on this site it doesnt sound like I would reach her anyway. So if there are any of you out there that got a puppy from her, please have their heart checked. I know it so common in dobes to get this. I lost my last doberman at 5 with the same exact thing, except we had no warning. With Nikko I thought I did my due diligence with researching a reputable breeder with the healthiest blood lines. I never thought this nightmare would happen again and yet for me there is only one dog that melts my heart and fills it with happiness and that is a doberman. Hug and love and kiss your babies, if they want your attention, give it to them. Be as devoted to them as they are to you, they are only here to bless our lives for a short time.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. RIP Nikko. Run wild and free forever. Nikko is not alone he is running wild like a puppy with all the other pet who have crossed the bridge. Some day they will be waiting.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Very sad story and Nikko was a very special dober...sincerely sorry for you.

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
So sorry for your loss, it can be hard to find a ethical breeder. R.I.P Nikko, a big hug to you and your family. When the time is right and your ready for another Doberman there are a lot of people here that know of reputable breeders.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts