Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I will hang my head in shame and post my embarassing video and what happened if we took Flirt to the "frisbee park." I video taped this for my trainer so she could see how bad it is. Keep in mind even though she's being an IMP, Flirt still IS NOT pulling me and I am walkig her with one hand. Obviously this is NOT the goal of loose leash walking. This is the easy walk harness.

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
I will hang my head in shame and post my embarassing video and what happened if we took Flirt to the "frisbee park." I video taped this for my trainer so she could see how bad it is. Keep in mind even though she's being an IMP, Flirt still IS NOT pulling me and I am walkig her with one hand. Obviously this is NOT the goal of loose leash walking. This is the easy walk harness.

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube
Colleen, you have made me laugh out loud at work. I just got a bunch of funny looks :)

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube
Oh dear.... I almost spit my tea onto my monitor. Thanks for that hilarious video!

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking for control -- I really like the one you posted, thanks!
Your welcome .. I have the halter and trained my previous dobe in it, and it was very effective, once she learned how to walk without pulling I was able to transition her back to a normal harness then eventually to a nylon flat collar for her therapy work.

·
Registered
200 Posts

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube
I forgot my volume was all the way up and played this video, Roz is now going nuts trying to find Flirt. :)

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube
Thanks for this video and the one in the training area. I have had a rough past few days and needed to laugh. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts

MVI_8944.AVI - YouTube
Funny how different dogs will react to the same harness. When I used it on ******* a few years back she just pulled full steam ahead. But she is a dog that is NOT body sensitive at all.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Funny how different dogs will react to the same harness. When I used it on ******* a few years back she just pulled full steam ahead. But she is a dog that is NOT body sensitive at all.
ACK it's the Sensation Harness I use!! I don't think I specified that before!!

Flirt isn't body sensitive either and with this fitted correctly, she is physically unable to "pull" me forward. It spins her around. That was why I posted the shameful video :) She can (as clearly demonstrated) throw a tantrum and spin herself around, but she can't pull me down the street, etc. even if I just use one hand to walk her.

Reactions: Okie-dobie
1 - 13 of 13 Posts