Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

"Berserk" Doberman destroys teddy bear

3K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Rebel73 
#1 ·
Everyone beware it has been reported on CNN that a crazed Doberman attacked a teddy bear!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/02/britain.elvisbear.ap/index.html

I know this was a collectable but i cant help but think it is a little funny. Deacon has def has his moments when i though to myself , my dog is out of his damn mind! I can just see him now shanking that teddy till the stuffing came out, haha

#2 ·
Deacon's-MoM said:
Everyone beware it has been reported on CNN that a crazed Doberman attacked a teddy bear!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/02/britain.elvisbear.ap/index.html

I know this was a collectable but i cant help but think it is a little funny. Deacon has def has his moments when i though to myself , my dog is out of his damn mind! I can just see him now shanking that teddy till the stuffing came out, haha
I saw this on-line. I guess he really went to town on some very valuable stuffies. I mean come on - we ALL know that Dobermans destroy stuffies.......what did they expect? I was cracking up when I read the story - I hope they don't come down hard on the dog because it just seemed like such a Doberman thing to do!

#4 ·
I agree. I laughed through the whole story. Especially the "he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground." I can just see a happy doberboy running through a field of dream teddy bears with nub wagging. Like he wanted to give up! Sorry for the loss of money. Mine would have thought they died and went to Disneyland or better.

#5 · (Edited)
I have hundreds of stuffed toy carcases buried in my garden,i'm sorry it got out of hand but i have to cover it up in case anyone finds out that my girls are killer dobermans.Kill the stuffies it has to be done!!!They should have known better than to put that much moneys worth of teddy bears in the same room as a dobie.

#10 ·
Java would have done the same thing - or worse! She was in my son's room this week and wasn't quite sure how to approach the stuffed Gund Dobe pup I bought him for Xmas. Initally she was very sweet, nosing it and licking it as if it was a pup - merely a diversionary tactic because before I knew it she had it by the back leg, ears back and was heading for the nearest exit. Very proud of her latest 'score'!

#11 ·
Oh my, now i have an image of you in a room with Duch sat in the corner head tilted to one side wondering what the heck you are talking about, thinking "a stuffie is a stuffie, what does she mean more valuable"

#16 ·
omigod that is just so hilarious! that pic of the dobe standing there with his head low... I bet all this time he kept thinking, but these toys need to be played with, if you won't do it, I will!!

I think the security guard was sleeping and when he woke up it was too late. No way could this dog destroy that many teddy bears if the guy kept an eye on the dog and the place. Maybe one or two teddies at the most.

#19 ·
This was too funny. I can see it now............Barney telling his story to his pups.....

Barney--"it was 0800 hours and there I was in a room filled wall-to-wall with teddies........"
Pups--"wow....and then what happened??"
Barney--"Son....a dobe's gotta do what a dobe's gotta do"

Take it away Tracy....lol

Naveen

#20 ·
The part of the story, that we won't hear about is that the authorities found detailed floor plans, burgalar tools, and small communication devices stashed behind the Teddy Bear displays. Each of the Teddy Bears destroyed are linked back to a facist group that has been known to steal museum artifacts and sell them on the blackmarket.

Barney must have uncovered the plot and had them under surveilence for some time. He probably was unable to convince the handler of what he uncovered. So being the good dobie that he is, he took matters into his own paws. He should get a reward for this.

#22 ·
All I can say is how funny is this? I would like to know where the owner was during all of this? How did Barney get into the mesume? Why wasn't he being watched? What was the security guard doing not to notice such a crime going on?

Good boy Barney. You kill almost all of them didn't you? That is dog heaven right there. What dog wouldn't go nuts in a place like that? Okay dobes, lets load up and go on a feild trip.. Maybe they will let this batch of dobes in there, we can even stop to pick up Barney. I am sure we could find the rest of they devices that Barney was looking for.

I really think Barney's owners need to join this site. I would like to know how it really happened. :D

LOL

#25 ·
"Barney says, "But...but...but...the stuffies started it!!!!"

OMG, this reminds me of something that happened back in the 80's. My daughter, who was about 4 or 5, was wanting her own dog... badly. Her older brother took care of our dog, a Dobe named Augie. Now back then, stuffed animals called Pound Puppies were all the rage here in the U.S. So to try and placate her, I told her we'd get her a Pound Puppy and if she "took real good care of it", we'd get another dog just for her. She named it Smokey and it was her constant companion.

One night she came running into our bedroom just crying her eyes out and screaming, "Augie killed Smokey, Augie killed Smokey." Well, I went in her bedroom and sure enough Smokey was just ripped to shreds, stuffing was everywhere. When I found Augie in my son's bedroom, his mouth was still full of stuffing and drool was dripping from his mouth. When I asked my son what happened, with a devilish grin on his face he said, "Smokey started it!!!"

The next weekend, we got a GSD and Katie named it, what else, Smokey.

#26 ·
Barney Update...MSNBC reported tonight that Barney will be taking a short rehab at a veterinary clinic (job stress). While checking in, Barney issued a statement apologizing for his behavior. He said, "I just couldn't help myself. The teddy bear that belonged to Elvis still smelled of peanut butter and bananas, and I just snapped."

I am not making this up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.